The Wave Pool > Some forums locked?

wbub
12/18/2016 8:04:01 AM
I'm not sure where to post this. I've noticed that, since October, I think, when we renewed our support, I cannot read anything in the You Tell Us! or the Wish List Discussions forums (both are Subscriber Forums; I should be a Subscriber). Also the same is true for the Windows Vista forum (which I don't care about). I can see the list of topics, but cannot open any. When I "mouse over" other forums, the Topic highlights and the beginning of the text pops up in a "tip" box. In those three forums, nothing happens. I seem to recall this happening before, but I don't remember the fix. A forum search was fruitless.

George
12/19/2016 5:35:54 AM
William,

You may need to simply renew your forum profile as this does not automatically happen when you renew your license.

Go to the KB article at http://www.ssplash.com/Support/KnowledgeBase/tabid/313/aff/31/aft/17723/afv/topic/Default.aspx for more info or just go to the reset link here - http://www.ssplash.com/RegistrationInformation/tabid/113/

Let me know if this does not work for you.

Thanks

wbub
12/23/2016 7:38:52 AM
Thanks, that did it. I searched the forums, but I should have searched the KB. This doesn't matter to me, but why was the Vista forum locked?

wbub
11/2/2017 8:43:43 PM
Apparently I have to do this every year. And I can't remember from year to year. This just happened again, and I finally found this post. When I go to the Registration info page it shows that our subscription has been renewed till 10/2018. But I still need to click the Update button even though I made no changes. That unlocked the wish list forum. Is there something funny about how our subscription is being updated?

osborn4
11/9/2017 9:57:35 PM
Yeah. It'd be nice if this just sorta happened automatically. I'll be getting hit by this soon.

EmmerStone
3/12/2018 8:20:50 AM
Hmm, no wonder..

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙