Version 5.5 > Quicktime support?

Keith B
1/26/2006 10:23:38 AM
I was just wondering if SS+ supports quicktime formats. I haven't ever tried it and of course someone wants to use it. I don't even know what the file extension or format name is for a quicktime video.
Any ideas would be appreciated. and if this is a silly quetion please forgive me, it just isn't one of the formats I usually use.

Thanks

osborn4
1/26/2006 10:46:32 AM
Nope. If you can't play it in Windows Media Player, you can't play it in SSP.

I think this may be on the wish list, but will not be in the initial release of version 7.

iamgap
1/28/2006 7:56:47 AM
Posted By Keith B on 01/26/2006 10:23 AM
I was just wondering if SS+ supports quicktime formats. I haven't ever tried it and of course someone wants to use it. I don't even know what the file extension or format name is for a quicktime video.
Any ideas would be appreciated. and if this is a silly quetion please forgive me, it just isn't one of the formats I usually use.

Thanks

At this time you will need a media convertor to convert from MOV to AVI/WMV/MPG. I use MPEGConvert, or something to that effect, whenever I need to do this. I believe ULead has a utility called Toolbox that can do this as well as other things.

gap

Keith B
1/31/2006 9:20:26 AM

Thanks for the help. It saved me a lot of frustration. I will look into the converter if I keep having this type of request.

Again Thanks!!!!!

Lee
2/1/2006 7:04:21 AM
Another one is mov2avi. Simply google on it.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙