Version 8.0 > ssp8 won't run

wotz
1/22/2014 11:16:15 PM
I downloaded the latest version about 30 minutes ago setup 8.0.0.30115.2. it installed but when starting it has an error"a problem occured attempting to start songshow plus. the installation has possibly been corrupted. reinstalling the application may fox the problem" it didn't. running Windows 7

George
1/23/2014 1:05:15 PM
Allister,

Did you have a previous build of Version 8 installed when installing? What Build?

Have you successfully installed and run SSP 8 before on this system?  What build?

Do you have SSP 7 on the system as well?

I understand you are on Win7 - is there anything else you can tell me about your system?

Let me know and we will figure this out.

wotz
1/23/2014 10:29:50 PM
It has SSP7 operating on it quite happily. It was the first attempt at installing SSP8. The pc was purchased about a year ago, and runs an i5 with 8G of ram. There is a 1TB HDD, with very little used.

George
1/24/2014 1:30:36 PM
Allister,

I have just done a download from the SSP site and installed on a clean Win7 system and was able to install, launch and activate it successfully.

We did have some issue with the download site previously so please try this:

1.  Make sure all antivirus software is turned off.
2. Completely un-install SSP 8.
3. Re-download and install the new package.
4. Launch SSP and activate. 

Let me know if there is any odd behavior during this process.

wotz
1/27/2014 11:56:37 PM
Tried a new download - same result. Slide show builder wants to run but won't until ssp is initialized. The configuration app runs.

George
1/28/2014 10:28:51 AM
OK Alister,
Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Are you still getting the "a problem occurred attempting to start SongShow plus. the installation has possibly been corrupted. reinstalling the application may fix the problem" error when you try to launch SSP 8?

What version of SSP 7 do you have on the same system?

I assume you have not yet received the activation message when launching SSP 8 - correct?

Do you get any other messaging before the error when launching SSP 8?

I will contact you via email to discuss other possibilities to resolve this.

wotz
1/28/2014 11:33:02 AM
Yes George - getting the same message

Not sure of the ssp7 version - I'm not with the machine. Its the version that was out at the time we renewed our support plan, if you can work that out. We haven't upgraded from that.

Correct - haven't got to the activation

no other messages

wotz
1/29/2014 12:33:41 AM
Maybe relevant - I just tried to update SSP7 to the latest, and the PC thinks our support subscription expired in April 2012. I renewed it in June 2013. I've emailed support on that one - SSP7 is now broke.

George
1/29/2014 11:06:44 AM
This would be coincidental.  The support team can address your license issue with SSP 7 but that would not be the issue here.
The license status of SSP 7 would have nothing to do with the installation of SSP 8.  Since you are not even getting to the "you need to activate" steps after installation, it indicates that there is something on the system that is disturbing the installation.

Do you have any type of localization or changes in the OS setup from default that may be of interest?

I sent you an email yesterday to the email address on file discussing a possible remote.  Did you get that and can you do a remote?

wotz
1/29/2014 11:37:43 AM
Hi George

I just found gmail treated your email as spam. I will take a look at that. I,m not aware of any changes from default in the OS.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙