Tips & Tricks > Typing Annimation

iamgap
4/15/2018 7:57:09 AM

I have always wished for an animation that would bring one letter in at a time, almost like typing. I thought this topic was in here, but my searching skills cannot find it. Anyway, I have built slides to do this and wonder if anyone else has done something like this. I also wander if there is enough interest in this to add it to the wishlist.

http://www.iamgap.com/Preservice.sspss

akins
4/15/2018 2:29:32 PM
sounds interesting - how can I take a look at it?

iamgap
4/18/2018 12:11:40 PM
Doesn't the SSPSS download when you click on it?

akins
4/23/2018 9:12:29 AM
When I click it I get pages of code.

akins
4/28/2018 7:09:20 AM
Hum!! I used to have to get on this site twice a day just to keep up with
all the news, discussions, tricks, questions, etc. Now once a week is more than
sufficient. The last wish granted was 18 months ago. I hope all of this is not
an indication of the health of the company - but I suspect that it is. Sad;
this has been (is) one of the great programs over the years with zealous
user interest and dedicated tech support. Maybe we need a resurrection!

iamgap
4/29/2018 6:45:07 AM
Posted By Dick Akins on 23 Apr 2018 09:12 AM

When I click it I get pages of code.

For internet explorer you should be able to right-click it and choose save target as. I am not sure what other browser options would be, but something that indicates downloading a file. It is small enough to download, but I am not sure put an email address in a public forum is a good idea. I wish this forum had an option to attach files.

akins
4/29/2018 12:55:13 PM
Thanks, Gary, I got it. I admire your programming and this is a nice effect.
However, I think that it is only slightly different (from viewer view point )
from the "wipe" to the right at about 1.5 sec. Of course, the wipe would have to
be adjusted for line length to achieve the same "typing" speed for different lines,
whereas yours is automatic. At a very slow "typing" speed yours would certainly
be better than the wipe which would uncover each letter slowly.

What do you think the chances are for this to be added to entrance animations?

wbub
4/30/2018 9:29:20 AM
When first posted, I looked at this and wondered how it worked, but I didn't look more closely. Thanks, Dick, for keeping this thread alive, so I revisited it and actually figured it out.
Gary, I noticed that you had bullets tuned on, with an invisible bullet. Is there a reason for this? I turned the bullets off, and it moved the text slightly left, but the animation seemed to work the same.

iamgap
5/13/2018 5:42:15 AM
I guess I use bullets out of habit. Bullets would be necessary if each line was displayed on the same slide, one line at a time.

I will have to try the wipe animation to see how that works. I saw an animation once that actually made it look like you were inside of a typewriter. That would be a cool animation.

iamgap
5/13/2018 7:21:59 AM
I tried the wipe, and it is OK, but it doesn't quite have the pop of each letter appearing one at a time.

I have no idea if this will make it as an animation, but it sure would be nice and a whole lot less work than building one phrase at a time.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙