Version 5.5 > Graphic cards and laptops

ctjames88
1/29/2006 7:35:34 PM

since songshow plus doesn't support onboard graphic cards yet, does that rule out the option of running high end graphics on a laptop?

This is basicly the only thing im wiating on before buying a notebook...
If it helps, i would be using a 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) X600

-If you have an answer to this question, Please email me asap.  Christianj@centerpoint-church.com

centerpoint church

osborn4
1/29/2006 8:02:11 PM
It should run fine on a laptop with that video card in it.

Providing, of course, sufficient memory, processor speed, etc.

osborn4
1/29/2006 8:26:24 PM
BTW, SSP does support on board graphics cards, just not the high end graphics features on them.

We ran it that way for a while, using a PCI card for the control monitor and the on board Intel Graphics adapter for the display.

dreece
1/30/2006 12:32:07 AM

SSP will work with the ATI and nVidia laptop chipsets. It's the other, non-ATI and non-nVidia, chipsets that are questionable.

ctjames88
1/30/2006 4:57:29 PM
I'll take your word for it... i just dont want to buy this other laptop if it can't run high end graphics.
the only thing that raised my suspicion was the fact that under the topic "what video card should i use" in the support section, one of the things stated was that "SongShow Plus does not support ANY onboard video cards at this time." Aren't notebook cards onboard or is that a totally different type of card all together?

dreece
1/31/2006 1:13:04 AM
Posted By ctjames88 on 01/30/2006 4:57 PM
...the only thing that raised my suspicion was the fact that under the topic "what video card should i use" in the support section, one of the things stated was that "SongShow Plus does not support ANY onboard video cards at this time." Aren't notebook cards onboard or is that a totally different type of card all together?

Well, that statement is too generalized and should be revised. Sorry for the confusion.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙