Version 8.0 > Sldies not updating

ucclighthouse
1/26/2014 7:45:42 AM
This morning, with a fresh install of SSP 8 Beta we opened up a previously built program.  Ran with no problems.  Editing is where the problems began.  The edits seem to work fine, but when we went to display the updated slide, it was not registering the new data.  We were forced to close and reopen the program for SSP 8 to see that we had edited a slideshow within the program.

George
1/27/2014 11:22:26 AM
Was the content being edited already in the program?  It sounds like that is the case.  If so, while it did obviously work, there is no need to close and open the program. Removing and adding the item that was edited should include the new changes.

Editing content that is in a program "on the fly" is not recommended.

wbub
1/27/2014 12:02:30 PM
Perhaps not recommended, but it has always worked well in V7. I often notice a slide in the running Announcements which has a typo, and fix it on the fly. As soon as I save it, SSP detects the changed file and reloads, I guess. Has this changed in V8?

George
1/27/2014 12:52:42 PM
Nothing has been specifically changed with respect with this and others have had issues with SSP 7 before.  The issue is that while it does work for some in some instances, it does not always work in every scenario.  I have been told that it will work for two edits but not the third, does not work at all or always works.  Results vary depending on the situation and what is being edited meaning the results can be unpredictable and are therefore not recommended.

I just did a test myself in SSP 8 and was able to edit both songs and slideshows several times while they were presented and it updated "on the fly".  This does not necessarily mean that it will always work in every situation.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙