Version 8.2 > tab bug??

akins
7/2/2016 9:52:25 AM
Win 7, SSP 8.2 (10/21/15)
When editing text in SSB and using tabs (0.7) the spacing in the edit box is very small (like about 0.1),
but shows up large (correctly) in the Builder window & when projected. Surely this isn't a planned feature!

George
7/11/2016 11:18:39 AM
I looked at this in both 8.2 and 8.3 and it does seem to be working as expected.
a note - I used the default text font and other setting on my test. The spacing can vary some based on font type and size but it should not be as drastic as you described.

Please send me some additional details on the text that you are entering and the size and font. 

akins
7/11/2016 5:41:57 PM
I was using Virtue since neither Verdana or Tacoma seem to have bold and italics in this version.

George
7/15/2016 2:14:09 PM
Hi again Dick.

I looked at this some more and it does not appear that "Virtue" is a stock font - where did you get that?

Also I think you meant "Tahoma" rather than "Tacoma" - I did try that font and the spacing looks the same as the Arial that I used initially.

By the way - I was able to get bold and italics to apply to Verdana and Tahoma.

Perhaps a connection with support is in order.  If you get with them they can take a look and capture the slideshow slide that you are using.

There are many other variable that could have an effect (font, font size, amount of text, position options, etc) as well as where you are setting the  so guessing is not a very efficient way to do this.

osborn4
7/18/2016 9:30:07 AM
I've seen similar problems using bulleted or numbered lists. It looks way off in the edit box, but generally OK on the display window. This is consistent across all fonts that I've tried, but I'm currently using Gnuolane
http://www.dafont.com/gnuolane.font

I also (again, with all fonts) have too much space between "paragraphs" or lines that end in an in the editing window. But it looks fine in the display. Text that flows from line to line appears normal.

Wish you had a way to upload screen shots here, because I'd love to show you.

akins
8/2/2016 10:11:29 AM
Yes, screen shots would help.
I will investigate tabs, bold, and italic problems further.
Is there some way to replace the Ariial font as the default?

George
8/3/2016 12:34:07 PM
Posted By Dick Akins on 02 Aug 2016 10:11 AM
Is there some way to replace the Ariial font as the default?

Yes - Certainly....

If you set your theme and/or global properties for each element ahead of time you can set the default font to anything you want...

Keep in mind that there are different settings for many different text boxes.  For example when dealing with Scripture text there are both the content and reference tabs that can each have a different font set.  This applies to Songs and Slide text as well.

akins
10/13/2016 10:19:46 AM
different settings for many different text boxes

Yes, the operative word here is "many" 

It might be nice to have a global default font setting -- a lot people, myself included, probably
have a favorite font which they use unless there is a call for something special. That global
font is now Arial since that's what you get unless changed somewhere.

I haven't gotten around to checking the font situation, but did look at the tabs.
In version 7,
when you select the tab size (quickly and easily via a right click in the edit window), it shows
up immediately both in the edit window and the slide preview screen. You can use the tab
to easily position text.
In version 8.2,
when you select the tab size (not so quickly or easily via "properties, click, click, etc."),
it does not show up in the edit window (it remains 1.0 there), but shows up correctly
in the preview panel. Almost impossible to use anything but 1.0 tab to position text,
since you can't see where the text will be.

There may be some logic behind this, but for now I call it a "bug."

akins
10/30/2016 1:44:58 PM
I have screen images of the font problem, but don't know how to put them in a post. Help!

George
10/31/2016 1:06:17 PM
Hey Guys,

If you guys have screenshots or examples for any issues I would recommend talking to the support team to get an official escalation started.  

While some issues or questions are pretty straight forward and can be answered here, most cases benefit from talking to the support team.

Also Dick,

I realize that you are only recently moving into the Version 8.x world but would recommend that you work with 8.3 rather than 8.2.  This does a few things but most important is that you will be on the same page as us for replication and fixes.  There may be fixes or changes in 8.3 that you do not have.  Further, any issue that you bring to us that is fixed will only be added to the latest version so even when corrected you will not see it unless you update....

As far as the many settings - If you update you globals you should only have to do that once and that is your new default.  After that if you want to make temp changes you can do that by adding a new theme with your specific changes.

akins
11/10/2016 7:37:56 AM
"recommend that you work with 8.3 rather than 8.2."

Done!
GoFish couldn't solve the problem and has sent it on -- it's in your court now

George
11/10/2016 9:55:34 AM
Excellent - Thanks!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙