Version 5.5 > Video image background

shawn wilson
2/5/2006 8:00:59 AM
I am new to the forum.  I am the technology ministry leader at my church.  I am trying to use a live feed video image as a background for an announcement or song.  Can this be done, I recall doing it once by accident, but I don't recall what I did.

Shawn

iamgap
2/5/2006 8:07:29 AM
Yes, it can be done. In the Item Display Properties check the Motion Background. In the options for Motion Background you can choose Video device. The requires having the live video Promodule installed.

Be aware that there will be lip-sync issues if you plan to show someone talking.

gap

KYWes
5/4/2006 2:14:19 PM
I am having trouble getting this feature to work. We have our Canon GL2 coming into our computer vis S-Video with a Pinnacle capture card. I can do live video without any problem and output it to the screen. My problem comes when I try to use live video as a background. I select it but nothing happens.

When I do the Video Device option and Add Device I get a card is in use error message even though I'm not using it.

I am able to get the motion videos supplied with SSP to work, just not live video. Suggestions?

I am using SSP 5.5 with a current promodules subscription.

osborn4
5/4/2006 2:54:55 PM
I'd contact Tech Support and see what they have to say. Chances are pretty good that they've seen this before.

iamgap
5/4/2006 7:53:52 PM
Use task manager to see if a startup process has the capture card running in the background.

Lee
5/8/2006 7:58:44 AM
While I can't find the post, I seem to recall Doug saying that because of the rearchitecturing of V7, the live module is no longer supported at this time. When I've played with it in V7, it still works in the foreground and as a pip, but not as a background.

KYWes
5/8/2006 8:15:55 AM
I using 5.5. I understand SSP isn't intended to be an IMAG program (that was Tech Support's reply) but it seems the functionality is there so I get curious as to why I can't get it to function. Thanks for the reply.

Rod
5/8/2006 5:51:35 PM
I have used V7 to do Imag / overlay..

all I had to do was, select motion background, then video device, then select my capture card.

My capture card's output is Mpeg, dont know if that makes any difference.

dreece
5/9/2006 12:10:24 AM

The Live Video ProModule still works. The problem, however, is that if the Live Video ProModule is accessing a video source, then the Live Video features within SSP itself cannot access the same video stream. This is a limitation of the system (DirectShow).

Lee
5/9/2006 6:41:14 AM
I don't understand. If the Live Video PM is doing its thing, what is it that SSP cannot do because it can't access that video stream?

osborn4
5/9/2006 6:54:52 AM
I gotta admit, that one left me scratching my head as well.

If the ProModule is using the live stream, then SSP can't show it. I thought SSP used the ProModule to show the live stream.

dreece
5/11/2006 10:13:02 PM
DirectShow, which is what SSP uses to capture live video streams, only allows one programmatic connection to the video source. The Live Video ProModule was introduced prior to SSP 5.5. The live video features now provided in database panels were introduced with SSP 5.5 and are completely separate code sets. If the Live Video ProModule (older technology) is capturing a video stream, then the live video features in SSP (such as using a video stream as a background) cannot get access to that same stream.

KYWes
5/12/2006 4:37:47 AM
So to use a video device as a motion background one would need to disable Live Video and restart SSP?

dreece
5/14/2006 12:13:41 AM
If you don't intend to use the Live Video ProModule, then I recommend uninstalling it. However, just because its installed doesn't mean that it's going to create problems if you try to use the live video background feature of SSP. The Live Video ProModule does need to be invoked to use any particular video feed.

shawn wilson
8/6/2006 11:08:09 AM
Thanks GAP, I assume the video mudule did not come with the package, but I will check.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙