Version 8.0 > Motherboard Update

sbinder
1/30/2014 11:58:04 AM
I'm replacing the motherboard in my projection system (preparing to add DeckLink).
Do I need to "move" the SSP projection license in order to do this (remove it from the system and then add it back after changing the motherboard), or will the license stay with the HDD (which is not being replaced)?

osborn4
1/30/2014 12:46:26 PM
I would guess that you'll need a new "B" code. But that's just a guess.

osborn4
1/30/2014 1:17:11 PM
Of course, you may have to reauthenticate your Windows license, also. Too many hardware changes and I've seen that happen, as well.

George
1/30/2014 4:10:02 PM
Posted By sbinder on 30 Jan 2014 11:58 AM
I'm replacing the motherboard in my projection system (preparing to add DeckLink).
Do I need to "move" the SSP projection license in order to do this (remove it from the system and then add it back after changing the motherboard), or will the license stay with the HDD (which is not being replaced)?

Stuart,

Since you are posting this here, I assume that you are doing this with an SSP 8 installation - correct?

If so do the following BEFORE you break down the machine:

1. Launch SSP 8
2. From the toolbar select the Activation option.
3. Select the option to de-activate the license on this machine.

After swapping your hardware and getting the system back up and running, install SSP 8.  From the activation process, you should have the license available to activate again on the system.

That should do it.

sbinder
1/30/2014 4:22:31 PM
You are correct - it's an SSP8 installation. Thanks for the instructions!
-Stuart

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙