Version 8.2 > Display properities in the program panel

akins
8/23/2016 3:06:12 PM
When Display Properties are inserted into a program, and you come back to edit them using right-click, you can't
select "Display Properties" from the list, but have to select "Slide Properties." Of course it is NOT a slide. Is there
some logic here that I am missing?

George
8/23/2016 5:27:58 PM
Hey Dick....

Please elaborate - Where are you adding the "Display Properties" to the Version 8 program from?

The only thing I can think of is this is a carry over from a Version 7 program - The properties terminology "Display Property" was changed to "Slide Property" in Version 8.  This change was made to avoid confusion with the actual displays (monitors) and more accurately reflect that the fact that these settings are for "slides" since just about everything in SongShow Plus is presented as a slide of one form or another.
That said, even in this case the build should recognize and convert the previous "Display Properties" to "Slide Properties".  There may be a remnant that shows "Display Property" but that is for compatibility back to V7.

It is also possible that the object name was changed, but that is less likely since that would require user intervention to do that.

If there is somewhere in Version 8.3 that you are able to add a "display property" (that is not actually in the Display Settings) please give me the exact steps to find and add this and I will investigate.

osborn4
8/24/2016 11:02:17 AM
I've seen this too, when you right click in a program and select "Insert Display properties" or something like that, so that everything underneath that item will inherit those properties (unless over-ridden in the object itself).

akins
8/24/2016 3:47:07 PM
You were right, George -- this was a carry over from vs. 7. I had copied a template that I had used with vs. 7 and didn't
realize that the display properties came from that template. It's interesting that vs 8.2 understands that it is "display
properties" and puts that in the rt-click menu, but it can't be used. Anyhow, I will change to 'slide properties."
Thanks.

iamgap
8/27/2016 1:42:13 PM
I recently stopped using the 'Insert Display Properties' because of a conflict with Scripture Background. It appears that you did not have a Scripture Background if you wanted to choose it, and the Pastor recently changed his mind about putting a scripture (or anything for that matter) up during his sermon.

I like having the 'Insert Display Properties' option in case I have to add a song as the last second, and it can at least have the default background instead of text on a black background. But if I use one, the scripture will use that default background instead of the image chosen for the scripture background.

I am not using the current version, as I just haven't gotten around to updating it. Does the latest version give options for setting a scripture background, as well as a song background?

akins
8/28/2016 12:15:16 PM
I'm using 8.2 and haven't seen any problem with the backgrounds. I inert two different song display properties
(two songs each), then scripture display properties, finally another song property. Other than the edit "display properties"
(which doesn't do anything) at the end of the pull-down list, it has worked OK. It is, however, another of many examples
of redundant menus -- you click to edit song properties and you get a menu to select what you want to edit (songs, scripture,
etc.) and then takes you to another screen where you can select all types of options for songs and other items. Oh well,
everything is just a click, click, click, .... away 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙