Version 5.5 > Updating SSP Through Proxy

ate_bit
2/16/2006 6:26:38 PM

We've had our system running now for about 6 months, and I just got internet access to our projection PC.  However, I can't use the "Check For Updates" feature, and I believe the issue is with our proxy.  Our church uses a proxy server for internet access, and I don't think that SSP can detect that.  Has anyone else dealt with this?  When I try to update, this is what I receive: "Unable to determine update status."

Thanks,
Lance Murdock
St. Marks UMC

osborn4
2/16/2006 7:16:45 PM
Hopefully someone with a real answer will check in here to help out.

However, you could call Tech Support and see what they have to say.

http://www.ssplash.com/Support/tabid/79/Default.aspx

dreece
2/17/2006 12:33:43 AM
Actually, the proxy server will prevent the updater from working as expected.

ate_bit
2/17/2006 5:30:00 AM
Well, that's what I figured, but I thought I would check on the forum before bothering tech support.

Lance

osborn4
2/17/2006 8:03:37 AM
Sounds like you'll have to download the full update through the web browser and then run that to install the updates.

Doug, any chance on having SSP use the IE proxy settings when you try to run the updater? Would that be something for the wishlist, perhaps?

ate_bit
2/17/2006 1:18:54 PM
This is what I have done up to this point.  But there are a few things (like Visualizations, I think) that aren't included in the full update and require an active connection to update.  All in all, that is a minor thing for me, the critical updates I can still take care of.

dreece
2/17/2006 11:43:41 PM
Posted By osborn4 on 02/17/2006 8:03 AM
Doug, any chance on having SSP use the IE proxy settings when you try to run the updater? Would that be something for the wishlist, perhaps?
It's certainly an issue we'll need to address, especially since SSP is using the Internet for various other features.

samuelsa
1/2/2007 3:20:53 PM
Does anyone know a workaround? What ports are being used to communicate? Can we open ports on the firewall or make exceptions in the Proxy? What about registry changes that would tell SSP to look at IE Proxy settings? Help!!

RMForlenza
1/10/2007 6:02:48 PM
I am not sure that this is a proxy issue. Our system properly checks for updates when selecting "Check for Updates. However, "Check for Beta Version Updates" results in a "Unable to determine update status" response. It would appear that the data file being used to check the version against the available version may be corrupted.

osborn4
1/10/2007 7:21:22 PM
There is no beta version currently available. That may be the problem.

samuelsa
1/11/2007 9:02:43 AM
No, it is not just updates but when one attempts to import lyrics into the program from the web it does not even bring up the log in screen.  It is clearly a proxy situation.  What would be the best fix would be to update the software so that it uses Internet Explorer's connection settings for communicating with the Internet.   

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙