Version 8.0 > Instant Message Problem

dhull
3/30/2014 5:28:01 PM
I installed and activated SSP8 about two weeks ago and didn't realize that I had never set up the Instant Message properly until a security usher brought up a child's name from the nursery this morning.  I've worked with the settings, which are different and numerous compared with V7, but can't get it to work.  I can get a semi transparent background to show up along the bottom of the screen where I want it, but can't get text to show up on it at all.  Is there documentation on what each setting does?

Maybe if I could get the settings back to default for Instant Message I could use what I've learned and get it to work, but there isn't a restore defaults button.

Please help so the desperate cries of infants and toddlers may be answered.

George
4/1/2014 2:09:28 PM
dhull,
We are glad that you are working with SSP 8.

Regarding the Instant Message tab of the Improv Collection - I went back to SSP 7 to double check and the controls and settings are the same in SSP 8 as they are in SSP 7.  That said, there are several settings that can be adjusted for this and you are correct - there is no "Defaults" button. 

There are no step by step instructions on how to set this up but if you adjust the tabs in order you will have the best results.  Start with the Placement tab and set the target area on the display. Next go to the Text Tab and adjust the size, location and treatments for the text in the target area.  Finally, going to the Container tab will allow you to apply background treatments to the target area.

Hope this helps.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙