Version 5.5 > PPZ Please

osborn4
2/22/2006 2:54:39 PM
We had one of our missionaries send us a CD with a Packaged up powerpoint PPZ file and the PNGSETUP.EXE file.

I'm not at church and the Assoc. Pastor wants to know if we can run a PPZ in SSP.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

rpope
3/2/2006 8:16:52 AM
Maybe I'm too late on this one but here is what a PPZ file is: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00164.htm

Looks like you should be able to open it in PowerPoint and "save as" a .ppt file then use it in SSP. 

Ricky

osborn4
3/2/2006 9:40:39 AM
Yes, but the fonts are in there somewhere. I'm guessing they are packed into one of the dlls.

We got a PPZ from one of our missionaries and we were able to extract the ppt, but one of the pages used a font that had the African character set. We spent a lot of time trying to find a font that would fill the bill.

I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be nice to have SSP run the PPZ with the packed fonts.

However, I'm not sure how important this is since, allegedly (I haven't looked myself) this went away with PPT 2003.

rkresge
3/2/2006 10:06:00 AM
Posted By osborn4 on 03/02/2006 9:40 AM
Yes, but the fonts are in there somewhere. I'm guessing they are packed into one of the dlls.

We got a PPZ from one of our missionaries and we were able to extract the ppt, but one of the pages used a font that had the African character set. We spent a lot of time trying to find a font that would fill the bill.

I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be nice to have SSP run the PPZ with the packed fonts.
It's easy to forget to check the option to Embed TrueType Fonts, which should probably always be checked before trying to transport or package a PPT slide show.

David
3/2/2006 11:50:27 AM
For those that don't know, a PPZ is a packaged PowerPoint presentation.  I didn't know so I did a quick bit of research.

Here's a nice article on them: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00164.htm

osborn4
3/2/2006 2:45:47 PM
I had to do the same thing when our spare auxillary back up pastor (a.k.a. the associate pastor) called me and asked if SSP could play a PPZ.

I found the same web page.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙