Version 8.0 > Global Slide Properties

wkdreskin
4/8/2014 5:45:51 PM
In a slide program, previous to version 8, you could apply a change to all slides in the program at the same time. I don't see that in version 8. Am I missing something?

Billy Dreskin

George
4/9/2014 9:21:58 AM
Billy,

That ability it still there.  In General - the same controls that were in SSP 7 are available in SSP 8.  SSP 8 has enhanced Slide Properties that allow for more granularity than before.

You can apply setting to all slides in a program in a couple of ways - Set the "All Media" settings for your display or add a Slide Properties element at the top of program itself.

You will of course need to make the desired changes to this area but once done it will apply to all objects according to their group.

One caveat to this - if the objects you are adding have individual Slide Properties assigned (like in a song file) the individual Slide Properties have priority.

Hope this helps clarify.

wkdreskin
4/9/2014 1:40:53 PM
Thanks, George.

wkdreskin
10/22/2014 9:33:49 AM
I'm afraid this still isn't working for me. I open a slide show that I've created. It has, say, eight screens. I want there to be a new background that is consistent across all eight screens. Please give me a step-by-step procedure to make that happen. Thus far, everything I try only changes one screen at a time.

Thanks,
Billy

George
10/22/2014 2:19:35 PM
Hi again Billy...

After re-reading the rest of the thread, it appears there is something I forgot to mention - Themes.

If you had your backgrounds set with a global display property before (version 7) that is now referred to as a Theme.  If you open your slideshow and select File > Edit Theme this will take you to the theme for your slideshow.  If the background is set at this level you can change it there and it will apply throughout.

If you find that the background was not set here, it is most likely that the slide show you have had the backgrounds set per slide.  If this is the case the theme adjustment will not override that...

There is not a setting that will let you override all the specific slide properties (since that is the lowest level) but if this is the case you can edit them easily by right clicking any slide and selecting Background.  This will give you a list of the slides.  I recommend the following at this point:

If the background is set per slide, go through the list and un-check all the background check marks for each slide in the list to remove the property.  After that, select the Edit Theme option as described above and set the theme for the background you want.  Once set this way, you can easily change them all at the same time by editing the theme.

Hope this helps.

osborn4
10/24/2014 6:43:35 AM
The "edit themes" is what I was missing before and it seems to work well, once you know what it is and where to look for it.

wkdreskin
10/24/2014 7:02:20 AM
Yep. "Themes" are really important to know about. In fact, I'd recommend you produce one of those "tips" videos on it. The adjustments are familiar from previous versions of SSP but until I spoke with customer support, it simply never occurred to me to even click on it and see what it does.

As always, thanks for your help, George!

Billy

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙