Version 5.5 > Preview Panel Alert

JSJarvis
2/26/2006 1:20:12 PM
Our church just recently started using SSP and we have encountered a couple of alerts that we cannot figure out how to either remedy or prevent.

The first error is one that I see every week at some point during the service.  The error is:

Preview Panel Alert: An unexpected error occurred when processing a frame.  If the problem persists, please contact Technical Support.

When we receive this error, my Cue, Next and Display windows in the Preview Panel will start doing weird things, like either only showing the background for a slide, just showing the words for a slide or just going completely black.  When I go to display the song or scripture, everything is fine on the projector. The problems only exist in Preview Panel.

The other alert we are getting is a bit more scary since it pretty much ruins the entire show.  I have only seen this a couple of times and it has usually been when I am testing the show prior to Sunday School and am switching from song to song very quickly (each song with its own motion background).  What will happen is I will get an alert for each song that is part of the show and when I try to display a song nothing will display.  It is as if the motion backgrounds will not play.  Unfortunately I did not write down the exact alert on this one.  I thought it might have something to do with video drivers, so I upgraded the drivers today after service (ATI Radeon X600 card).  I could not duplicate the alert/problem after doing this, but I don't know if that resolved the issue or if I just got lucky and couldn't duplicate it.

One final alert that I got for the first time this morning was that our Display Properties had become corrupt.  I ended up deleting the custom preset that I had saved previously, but I don't know what we could have done in 3-4 weeks for something to already be corrupt.

Our original copy of SSP was a demo CD we got from Fowler.  Then we purchased, downloaded and installed the software from Fowler's web site, but the version we got was older than the demo CD we were using.  I reinstalled the demo CD we got until we could unlock the system today.  I am just wondering if there were some older files or registry info that was left on the machine from the older version that we downloaded and whether that might be causing the problems we are seeing.

Anyone have any ideas on these alerts?

Jeff

Rod
2/26/2006 7:09:34 PM
The preview panal, alert / problem has been seen before mainly with the radeon cards?
The first suggestion is always to udate the video drivers to the most current, and I think that has generally solved most problems.
as well as problems like the Motion background ones as well..
so that was a good call updating the video drivers.... and has most likely fixed your problems there,

As far as updating SSP, to the latest etc, the best way is to use the inbuilt "update" facility, if the computer is connected to the internet. (just click the update button at the top and follow the instructions) if the computer is not connected to the net, then you need to do a complete download from the "downloads" area of the web site..

what version of SSP are you running.. (click on help,)

I am sure others will have more answers for you..

Hope this helps
Rod

JSJarvis
2/27/2006 4:09:34 AM
We are running version 5.5 (05.05.05.03.04).  We have downloaded all ProModules and updates through the update utility.

Once we updated the video drivers I couldn't replicate the problem with the motion backgrounds, but the Preview Panel alert still came up almost immediately.

osborn4
2/27/2006 4:54:29 AM
They are having some problems with some sort of conflict between XP SP2, Direct X and the ATI drivers which is giving them problems with the preview panels. I've just come to pretty much ignore them.

Of course, we don't use motion backgrounds all that much. And many of our operators don't use the cue panel all that much, either.

However, that error will not effect what goes on to the screen.

JSJarvis
2/27/2006 5:55:34 AM
Thanks for the reply.  That is good news to hear that it will not affect what the congregation sees.  I was in a panic yesterday when I kept seeing the preview panels go black or lose their background.  I was worried that the same thing was going to happen with what the congregation was going to see.

I am only using the preview panels right now until we get a switchbox so we can set up a second monitor so I can see what the congregation is seeing more clearly.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙