Version 5.5 > "Package to Go" problems

DonD
2/27/2006 9:41:49 AM
Hi all,

We are having terrible problems using SSP's "Package to Go" and "Restore Program" features.  It seems when we try to run a program which was "Packaged to Go" on another computer we frequently get a message saying SSP can't find the program item.  At this point all of our program items are slide shows we have built using Slide Show Builder.  I have compared the full path

I was wondering if any of you have experienced a similar problem, or if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Don (Mesa, AZ)

David
2/27/2006 10:35:23 AM
There are a few considerations with Package-to-Go.

The first is where your files are located.  Slide shows, images etc must all be stored in the SongShow Plus folders in order for Package-To-Go to find them.

Another is file names.  If you have special characters in your file names, that can throw the utility off.  Make sure you don't have two hyphens together for starters.  e.g. test--01.  A single hyphen is fine.

Karen39
2/27/2006 11:16:30 AM
I use package to go a few times each week without any problems.  However, I have my laptop at home set up exactly as the projection computer at church.  All the files are in exactly the same spot and I have copies of each file on each computer.  I copied all the images, songs, videos and slideshows onto my home computer when I intitially set up my home computer.  This has sure helped!  I have noticed that if I delete an image from a folder then I will get that error.  Another thing is to make sure when you use an image or a video as a background, you are getting the image or video from the actual image or video folder within Songshow Plus.  I know that I used to access backgrounds from other files on my computer, but with package to go that just won't work because your computer at home (or church) isn't able to access that file. 

I hope this helped. 

iamgap
2/27/2006 6:21:15 PM
I have a bunch of sub-directories in my program and slideshow folders. When I restore a package to go it places it in the proper sub-directory, but package to go cannot find it. I have accepted that as a result of not having a flat directory. When the package to go completes, and asks if I want to open the restored package, I click No. I then browse to the proper program.

gap

Karen39
2/28/2006 6:11:56 AM
I forgot that happens to me also.  Within the program directory, I have created a directory for 2005 and 2006.  Each time I package to go a program, it asks me if I want to open it.  If I tell it, "yes" then it says it can't open it because it can't find it.  So, I browse for it and find it where it should be.  In my images folder I have tons of subfolders and it never happens with those or with any of the other folders.

DonD
3/1/2006 10:32:24 AM
Thank you Karen, David, and gap. I think for the most part, we are following the recommendations all of you mentioned. But, glad to learn about "Package to Go's" sensitivity to the file name. We currently aren't using special characters, but we'll maintain awareness about this as we go forward.

Thanks very much for your response.
Don

rpope
3/2/2006 7:44:51 AM
David,

Dont forget that if you name the Package differently than the Program then the restore process can not find the Program.  Its there.  You have to open it manually.  Just one other possibility.

Ricky

BusboyJeff
9/29/2007 10:25:17 PM
David,

I'm having problems with Package To Go also.    I've checked all the file names and make sure there are no special characters in the name and am still having problems getting it to go through.  I keep getting the same message that it can't find the files.  But they are all in the Song Show Plus Image Folder.    I've only saved one program and it won't recognize any of the images and their locations.  Any help?   

Thanks

Jeff

osborn4
9/30/2007 8:57:47 AM
Are all your files in the SSP directory structure or are they in other directories on your hard drive?

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙