Version 8.2 > PowerPoint Problems in 8.2

jonereb
6/5/2017 6:53:29 AM
I can import a PowerPoint into SongShow 8.2, but it doesn't play when I advance to the slideshow. Typically, it locks up for a few seconds before my projection screen goes black. After I delete the PPT, everything is fine again. Anyone else having issues? What must I do to correct this problem? I'm using SSP 8.2 with Windows 10 on a PC with plenty of power and RAM.

The PPT I imported was 3 simple JPGs with a simple fade transition and no animations. I used 4/3 ratio with 1024 X 768 resolution -- about as simple as it gets. Used PPT 2007 to create the slideshow.

George
6/5/2017 10:46:40 AM
There are several different and subtle issues with PPT.  I would refer to the KB articles or contact support directly to figure out which applies in your case.

That said, from what you described as the content of your PPT, you best and easier option is to simply convert the PPT to a SSP slideshow.

When you are selecting the PPT importer, select Convert rather than Copy.  This will give you a few settings choices and once converted you will not have the PPT issues.

Better yet,  if you want to be able to edit it later, simply create it in the Slide Builder in the first place using the Photo Slides Assistant.

jonereb
6/6/2017 2:27:02 PM
Thx, George. Once the PPT is converted, does SongShow somehow wipe out the original PPT? (You said something about not being able to edit later if you convert.)

George
6/6/2017 3:54:34 PM
Posted By Calvin Dean on 06 Jun 2017 02:27 PM
Thx, George. Once the PPT is converted, does SongShow somehow wipe out the original PPT? (You said something about not being able to edit later if you convert.)

Sorry - let me clarify....

The PPT conversion to SSB slide show simply takes images of each slide so the text in those new slides is not editable - the original PPT is left as is.

jonereb
6/7/2017 5:34:00 AM
That makes sense. Thx. Would I see any improvement in this area if I upgrade to 8.3?

wotz
6/8/2017 1:08:24 AM
No. It looks like 8.4 is going to have a fix. George's solution doesn't work if the ppt has transitions in the slides.

jonereb
6/8/2017 6:05:46 AM
When is the expected release of 8.4?

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙