Version 5.5 > Video Delay from verse to vers

scuno
2/27/2006 10:09:42 AM

Is anyone experienceing video delay when going from verse to verse using the plus key?  Ie: if you put moving clouds as a motion background for a song, when you move from verse to verse there is a 2 second or so delay before the next verse appears and the clouds obviously jump as their position has moved.

We are running a compatible dual output card with 256 mem..but only a pci.  I understand this could be the problem but I don't want to suggest a new card unless I am sure that is the problem.

Is anyone running a pci-express card or AGP and getting this delay?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

osborn4
2/27/2006 10:12:38 AM
I haven't seen this with our PCI-X card.

We're beginning to sound like a broken record around here, but make sure you have the most current video drivers loaded from the chipset manufacturer.

Also, how much RAM does the system have?

scuno
2/27/2006 10:19:19 AM
We have over 1/2 gig but I will have to check. It could be as much as a Gig. The drivers and SSP version are all up to date. It is sometimes not obvious unless you are running a video that can show the jump from verse to verse. Like waves lapping up on shore or clouds. If you use the built in clouds visualization you can see the jump.

Thanks,
Jon

David
2/27/2006 10:27:54 AM
The Clouds visualization really uses quite a lot of video card.  If you're using a PCI based card the odds are it's not nearly powerful enough to deliver the performance that you need to avoid this type of issue. 

dreece
2/28/2006 12:05:41 AM
Also check to see if you are using a heavily blurred shadow. This can drag down some systems.

scuno
2/28/2006 7:13:24 AM
Just regular shadows here...it is consistent no matter what we use. I think it is the video card. I just don't want to suggest a pci-x card and only have it continue with the issue. We really can't use any moving background that would show an obvious jump. We can get away with blowing grass, ocean waves and abstract CG but are real limited on what video we can show. The moving video is (among other things) is why we chose SSP.

Thanks,

Jon

osborn4
2/28/2006 9:22:39 AM
Do you have a PCI Express slot on your motherboard? The only reason we ran a PCI card was that it didn't have an AGP or PCI Express slot.

But we didn't try any of the fancy stuff at all on that machine. And that is the main reason we replaced the projector computer.

scuno
2/28/2006 9:25:08 AM
Neither a PCI-X or AGP...good computer just older motherboard. Did you run any video on the PCI card computer?

Jon

osborn4
2/28/2006 9:31:26 AM
Posted By scuno on 02/28/2006 9:25 AM
Neither a PCI-X or AGP...good computer just older motherboard. Did you run any video on the PCI card computer?
I don't think so. We stuck with SSP 5.3 until we got the new machine. Then we jumped to 5.5 and started doing some video backgrounds and video clips.

rpope
3/2/2006 7:52:49 AM
scuno,

Try setting no transition.  That has helped on some slower processors.  It might help with a slower video card.

Ricky

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙