Windows 10 > Windows 10?

Blackbird_71
3/2/2015 12:46:48 PM
With windows 10 coming out around the corner. How does SSP play with Windows 10?

7/8.1 upgrade to Windows 10

George
3/3/2015 8:07:49 AM
There has been some minor testing with Windows 10 and at this point there does not seem to be any difference - It seems to install and function normally.

There will of course be more extensive testing once Windows 10 is released to production.

osborn4
4/18/2015 6:52:38 PM
Have you looked at getting SSP to work properly when the magnification level of the desktop display is > 100%? With screens getting higher and higher res, I would be good to run at 125 or 150%

George
4/20/2015 10:02:31 AM
There have been a few specific issues on this addressed in the past but there has been no effort made to verify this compatibility.  If you find/know about specific issues in this area, I encourage you to report them and we will evaluate on a case by case basis.

Regarding the setting in general my question is this...

What is the reason for the use of the setting in the first place?  Just because higher resolutions are available does not mean they must be used. 

Please clarify your use model so that we address this more fully.

osborn4
4/30/2015 6:29:06 PM
The problem I had previously was that the text in text boxes in SSB was not scaled correctly.

For clearest display on an LCD, the resolution needs to be set to the panel's native resolution, which is 1920 x 1080. Also, my laptop that I use for creating slide shows and song shows, I also use to watch movies, so I like to have the resolution cranked up to full HD, even though it makes my windows controls and text a bit small on my 15.6" screen.

Windows 8.1 defaults it's desktop to 125%, so I can't be the only one that feels that way.

On my 23" full HD flat panel at church, the 100% rendering is fine.

pparkcoc
6/2/2015 11:36:35 AM
I have been receiving notifications from Windows 10 upgrade being available. Is there any update on when Windows 10 will be supported?

George
6/9/2015 4:40:17 PM
Please see the updated post on Windows 10.

Thanks

4townsell
8/22/2015 7:03:14 PM
I upgraded to Win 10 and it invalidated my license. I got a 6 day temporary license but need help.

pparkcoc
12/16/2015 3:36:55 AM
I just wanted to bring up what 4townsell brought up on how after upgrading it de-activated the software and now it will not allow me to reactivate using my activation information. (This seems like a bug)

dreece
12/16/2015 12:50:11 PM
What version of Windows did you upgrade from?

George
12/30/2015 1:49:55 PM
Chris,

I did not see a response to Doug's query about the OS version that was on your system before you upgraded.

Also, I am curious what version of SongShow Plus was installed as well.

I have done an upgrade test from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and SongShow Plus 8.2 started as expected after the upgrade was complete. The licence key check is based on hardware so as long as that did not change it should work as expected.  If you have multiple hard drives it is possible that the drive assignments may have changed and that could have caused an issue.

If you have not yet recovered your licence, I recommend contacting the support team so that they can fix that for you.

If there are concerns about this the safe bet is to de-activate SongShow Plus before the update and then re-activate with the same license after it is done.  With the current license process, users can do this on their own without contacting support.

pparkcoc
12/30/2015 3:12:48 PM
Somehow didn't get notified of Doug's response but upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Running SSP Version 8.2

Hardware didn't change and we have multiple drives but all are static assignment.

I had contacted support and they ha to reset my license activation.

True that may be a workaround but just want users to be aware that there is a possibility of this issue occurring.

George
1/6/2016 6:00:02 PM
All,

I did a couple additional in-place OS updates to Windows 10 Pro and on one of them I did see this behavior.  

After examining what happened it appears that some info that is used to generate the Machine Key needed for activation (system info) was changed.

This not something that we can control so the prior noted work around will now be a recommendation on all OS upgrades.

Please take a look at Using SongShow Plus on Windows 10 for additional information.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙