Windows 10 > Multiple accounts

Yagabu
2/28/2016 8:59:06 AM
I am using windows 10 and SSP 8.3 preview release (current) and multiple user accounts on the PC. Both accounts are admin level, but SSP will not run on the second account. I am getting an error message "Unable to initialize new base session". It brings up the logo then the error message and shuts down. It works properly on the main account.

Any help is appreciated.

Greg 

George
2/29/2016 11:09:56 AM
Make sure that the other user account is completely logged out before switching and trying to open SSP.

I have multiple Win10 users that can launch SSP so this should not be an issue.

If this is not the cause then we should take a look.

Yagabu
3/1/2016 9:18:24 AM
The other account is fully logged out at the time. I also came across an other issue relating to 8.3. The song database will not load, it goes to building indexes, then that clears, then the circle just keeps spinning and nothing shows up. I can click away and do something else tho. This happens on both accounts. Neither lets the songs load. I also tried letting SSP recreate all the folders. Nothing worked. It only affects the songs database. Every other DB works like it should.

Greg

George
3/1/2016 5:31:16 PM
Interesting....

We may have to get together and take a look...

Was SSP installed when you did your update or is this a clean SSP install?  Were these users existing during the update?

What version of Win10 are you using?

What build of 8.3 are you using?

One thing that you can try is creating a new user and see if SSP works in that acct.

Also which database is not loading?  If you select the Songs Tab and from the main tool bar go to Songs > Search Databases which are selected?

Let me know...

Yagabu
3/6/2016 9:27:33 AM
The Version I have installed is the 2/11 8.3. Windows just updated this morning, Windows 10 Pro, V. 1511, OS Build 10586.122.

After the updates today it began working like it should except for the "Unable to initialize new base session" which is still happening randomly. Sometimes it will start properly, sometimes I get the message, then after it closes I can open it. It is working the same on both accounts, but working in some degree. The song database issue seems to be resolved with the windows update today.

Greg

Yagabu
4/10/2016 1:45:19 PM
Still having issues with the "unable to initialize base session" error. I guess I need to call support.

dreece
4/12/2016 9:57:44 AM
The regular support team isn't available for pre-production builds of SSP. George will need to assist you with this. However, I do wonder why you are using admin accounts.

Yagabu
4/15/2016 7:28:03 AM
I am only using admin accounts until I get everything working properly. Once everything is set up I change to limited accounts and add passwords to lock down the pc. 
I have tried the suggestion to create a new account, it did the same thing. I just can not figure out what this could be caused by. All the folders that I know of have permission to access everything SSP related that I know of.

Greg

George
4/15/2016 9:56:35 AM
Greg,

We will need to get together and take a look.

I will email you and we can set up a time to remote.

Yagabu
4/17/2016 9:45:43 AM
I await your email.

Greg

George
4/18/2016 10:19:55 AM
sent.  Let me know what works for you...

thanks

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙