The Wave Pool > Forum Upgrade

Reid
12/1/2005 6:54:36 PM
Just to let you know, if you care, I just finished updating our Forum to the newest version.  It has some handy new features that I hope you may enjoy.  A lot of the changes are only visible to administrators, but there are a couple that you can use.  The two of most interest are:

• The Quick Reply form - This shows up at the bottom of a topic and allows you to quickly format and submit a reply for that topic.
  • The new Alert button - shows up on the Forums and allows you to notify us of any inappropriate conduct, repeat posts, and the like.
  • Also of note - There is a new feature that allows us to enable RSS feeds per forum, so once we get that setup, you can get the feed for the forums you are interested in.

The moderators also have control to move and split forums if discussions change topics or we otherwise consider it necessary.  And last but not least, the search box for the SSPlash site on the menu bar shuld also work for the forums now.

So, I hope you enjoy the updates and I hear that the next version might have one or two nice new features as well.

iamgap
12/1/2005 7:09:45 PM
I noticed this, and wasn't sure how new it was, so I didn't say anything.

It looks prety cool.

Can you set the "Folders" to only have a "bright corner" if you have unread posts? Right now, it only shows as a normal folder if you have opened that forum on that computer since the last post for that forum. For instance: If I read all the posts at home, then go to the church and visit the forums, all the folders show as if there are new items. When I click one, there are no new items. Can the same cookie that shows read on the posts show read on the forum folders also?

Keep up the great work.

gap

Blairness
12/2/2005 6:12:49 PM
I don't know whether it's the upgrade that did it, but now I can't edit my posts!?
http://202.21.128.20/photoserver/89/15497089_full.jpg

osborn4
12/5/2005 7:08:41 AM
This is looking a lot worse in FireFox, btw. Of course, I'm still on 1.0.7.

Maybe I should upgrade to 1.5 and see if it's any better.

Karen39
12/5/2005 7:12:38 AM
Does it? I'm on the 1.0.6 version. I haven't tried internet explorer.

osborn4
12/5/2005 8:29:57 AM
All the lines and boxes around the posts are missing.

Except, now they are back. 

Reid
12/5/2005 8:32:44 AM
I've been using FF 1.5 and it seems to work fine for me... So, osborn, did you upgrade to 1.5 and see a difference? What was it looking like in 1.0.7?

osborn4
12/5/2005 8:40:38 AM
It's looking OK now. I'm not sure what was happening there for a while. And I'm still on 1.0.7.

It was like the tables weren't working correctly. The lines around the posts and the alternating color of the posts where gone.

I was going to post a screen shot,then I remember that we don't have that feature.

I did play with my View Page Style settings, setting them to plain and then back to Basic and that's when it cleared up.

iamgap
12/5/2005 10:44:58 AM
Placing this in a more visible place. Is this doable?

A friend of mine runs www.clanram.com. He has emplemented a new edit feture in his forum. When you click edit, it only changes your current post instead of redirecting you to another page. Below are some screen shots.

http://www.iamgap.com/images/edit1.jpg

http://www.iamgap.com/images/edit2.jpg

Forgive my passion for RAMS football and incompetent officiating.

gap

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙