Version 9.1 > ugly black and white icons - no option to change

Monte C Duncan
3/5/2021 11:41:41 AM

So what happened to all the toolbar icons within SSP program having color? Everything is an extremely ugly black and white!!! Our users depend on the color scheme that was in ver 8.5 and before. No searching required because the icons were colorful and your eyes would go right to what you needed. This new interface is very ugly and NOT user friendly! I called tech support hoping it was just a preference change and they informed me this was not changeable and that the developers has left it this way intentionally. This is NOT good.  This kind of gives us more incentive to look around at other solutions. Not a happy customer!

dreece
3/12/2021 9:13:58 AM

Thanks for the feedback. The icons were updated to match the current UI styles of today's media apps. A monochromatic color scheme seems to be the trend now. It is also more compatible with the theme selection capabilities that were added in 9.0. With that said, a little color would be nice so perhaps we'll find a way to work that in again. Of course, UI styles will also eventually change.

Monte C Duncan
3/23/2021 12:10:13 PM

At least give us the option to change it! Thanks for listening. (posted 3/23/2021)

toad1986
4/7/2021 1:10:05 PM

I gave similar feedback with 9.0 with similar results.  I have chosen to stay with 8.5 as I don't need any of the new bells and whistles of newer versions.  I've also noticed that some of the slides I made in 8.5 have issues with text size and spacing in newer version.  And finally none of the quirks from the older versions seem to get any better as the newer versions come out.  Sad really as I have used SSP almost from the beginning.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙