Version 9.1 > system crashes related to video

rpeasley@saultchurch.com
3/12/2021 7:05:55 AM

Twice now 9.1 has crashed or froze up during a service when attempting to play a video that was included in the program.  This has happened since switching from 9.0 to 9.1 about 4 weeks ago.  It also crashed when advancing from one song to another - both songs had a video background.  The frustrating thing is that it is not consistent - during practice it worked just fine.  Very frustrated.

Dawn Samuels
3/12/2021 8:01:27 AM

I don't know if this will help or not but we were have some similar issues... after a ton of trouble shooting and sending the issue back to tech they found that having the "Automatic Shrink" option selected for copyright, author, title, etc seemed to be what was causing our problem.  Once I unselected that option everything else has been running smoothly.  Ours was completely random also... would be perfectly fine during practice and then freeze up very inconveniently during service.

Dawn Samuels
3/12/2021 8:05:07 AM

Oh, they also said that "the thumbnail settings could help with this in the main display. If this is set to at least 150 for the preview height that should prevent the issue."

dreece
3/12/2021 9:45:00 AM
This support request has been forwarded to the support team.

rpeasley@saultchurch.com
3/12/2021 12:24:28 PM

Thanks Dawn.  I'll try those out as a temporary workaround. 

Jeremy Ross
4/26/2021 9:33:24 AM

We are having the same issue with crashes and video backgrounds. 8.4 runs just fine with no issues but 9.1 keeps crashing. I have tried a few of the workarounds that have been posted but still having some issues. We even replaced the computer itself to see if it was a hardware incompatibility. Any other suggestions would be great, have not received any word back from the support team. Also somewhat new to using this system, what do you mean by Thumbnail settings in the main display. Cant seem to find a setting that pertains to that. Thanks in advance, Glad I found this forum.

Jeremy Ross
4/26/2021 12:38:00 PM

Got a response from the support team. The individual in charge of creating the weekly programs added over 100 songs with video backgrounds to the end of the program list because they had specific backgrounds they wanted and did not realize you can change the default background for individual songs. After creating a new program with just the selected songs, everything ran smooth with no crashes. Thanks again to the support team for their timely response.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙