Version 8.0 > Issues with visualizations

sara-t
4/29/2014 7:22:40 PM

I can fill text with video, but not with visualizations like Physix.  I have actually used this feature a few times, and will be sorry to lose it.

In Physix, the particle image options only show option numbers 1-6, not names of shapes, and don't seem to do much.  The computer cannot find the .tga files.

George
4/30/2014 9:40:08 AM
Sara,

Thanks for the info.

I did find that I could apply Physics as a fill.  I would suggest starting with or changing to one of the presets and see if that changes the behavior.

Another thing to be aware of, though you may already be if you have used it before, when you have a lot of text and the "fill gap" is small, it may not be obvious that it is working.

Try this:
Create a test song with one or two letters so that they are very big when you present them.
Apply the desired fill to make sure it works as expected.
Apply the same setting to desired text.

Also - I did confirm the odd behavior with the Particle Image options - I will get that addressed.

In the meantime - if you select a preset it will populate the full path and you can see where the files live and can browse to them.

Thanks again.

sara-t
4/30/2014 1:19:27 PM
OK, I see now. I was trying to apply the fill after just selecting the text box. Some fills work that way. After selecting the actual text, I get all the fill effects. Thanks!

sara-t
4/30/2014 1:23:18 PM
Actually, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but it works fine now, through the properties panel, as it should.

George
5/7/2014 3:53:23 PM
This issue has been addressed and should be corrected in the 05/06/2014 build.

Please confirm this when you update to the latest build.

sara-t
5/7/2014 9:06:54 PM
Yes, thank you, I can now see the name of the particle image. Works fine.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙