Version 7 > Song slides not updating

TimothyPaul
1/24/2014 5:43:51 PM
Hi Folks - We started having an issue where some blank slides are showing but if we insert a new one the display is not updating.  It shows properly in the song builder, but just will not update on the display.

We tried delete it and recreating, etc....   very confused?

I don't think it would be a global display issue because some of the blank slides do show.......  I did check it.

Thanks....TP

George
1/27/2014 11:17:14 AM
You should contact the support team so they can take a look at exactly what the issue is.

That said, it sounds like you are editing content that is already being presented.  If the content is already in the program and being presented it is possible that updating it in the database will not update until removed and re-added in the program.

Updating projected content "on the fly" is not recommended.

akins
1/27/2014 1:08:02 PM

That is interesting -- I do this practically every Sunday and never have had any problem. The song updates
on the screen as soon as the song is saved.
(Nov 2011 edition, 1/12/12 update, Win7 pro)

George
1/27/2014 1:21:20 PM
The issue is that while it does work for some in some instances, it does not always work in every scenario. I have been told that it will work for two edits but not the third, does not work at all or always works. Results vary depending on the situation and what is being edited meaning the results can be unpredictable and are therefore not recommended.

I have done tests myself and was able to edit both songs and slideshows several times while they were presented and it updated "on the fly". This does not necessarily mean that it will always work in every situation.

TimothyPaul
1/27/2014 3:01:46 PM

Wouldn't that be a default purpose of using SSP in the first place. If the worship director receives some direction from the Holy Spirit, I should think we could adapt on the fly.

However, that is not the case here, this also happens when you are editing a song in the database and then add it to a program.

Ty....TP

akins
1/28/2014 8:20:59 AM
... it will work for two edits but not the third, does not work at all...

I'm probably lucky that I have never had to edit more than one song during a session

osborn4
1/28/2014 10:55:00 AM
Dick, I'm surprised. You give me a hard time about having to display different verses on the fly and here you are changing lyrics on the fly.

I've found that if the Spirit is moving and the worship leader is modifying lyrics, it's best just to go to a blank slide (background only) and let the worship leader lead vocally. Being three steps behind him is just distracting.

That said, I have been able to copy a song part and create a song part (e.g. changing "He" in the chorus to "You" in chorus 2) and display that if he stays on it long enough. And I've not had trouble with SSP displaying the changed song.

akins
1/28/2014 6:43:16 PM
Well, Joel, I'm sure that you understand that old guys can change - if ever so slowly!
I agree that a blank slide is better than an incorrect one and the "*" is great for that purpose.

mike
3/5/2014 12:09:59 PM
I think I know what was happening here

The 'Verse Order' is kept in two different places. If you are using a song in the 'Program' (typically the right side of the screen) the 'Verse Order' that is being used is local to the Program. If you 'Edit the Song' while the song is in the Program, the Program will not get the Verse Order updates made in the DB copy of the Song. If this is the problem, there are two solutions.
1. After editing the song, remove it from the Program and add it again. This way the Program gets the Verse Order from the Song. (I believe there is also a button in the Program's 'Verse Order' screen labeled 'Use Typical Verse Order' which copies the Verse Order  from the Song.

2. While a song is in a Program, only change the Verse Order in the Program. There is a check-box that you can select that will also apply the Verse Order from the Program to the DB copy of the Song.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙