Windows 10 > SSP 8.3 and PPT

Yagabu
9/25/2016 7:25:23 AM
I am not sure what happened, I am using PPT 2010 and the latest version of SSP with the latest Win 10 update (anniversary). It seems now when I try to run any PPT it crashes PPT. This only happened after the Win 10 update so I don't know if it is a Win 10, PPT or SSP issue.  Has anyone else experienced this yet?  I will research further to see if I can find a solution to my problem. Running PPT alone still works, its just when trying to run through SSP it crashes.

Greg

worshipnbbc
9/25/2016 10:00:24 AM
Yes, just discovered this exact same problem this morning as well. Worked ok last week. installed the latest windows 10 update and it now caused PPT to crash within SSP. Also having issue with Display via the projector. Its showing 1024 x 640 instead of 1024 x 768. We lose the rhs of the screen. We have to force the width to 125% to force it to full width.

brooksmd
9/25/2016 2:23:50 PM
Experienced the same issue this morning with our pre-service announcement presentation. We are still running SSP 8.1, PP 2016 and Windows 10.1. Same problem with both the projection computer and my home computer running as a workstation. Same Dell computers at both locations. Everything has been working fine until this morning. As far as I know the only change is a Windows update this week. I can't even get pptx presentations in previous programs to run. The presentations run fine in PP. Guess I'll try and roll back the Windows update and see what happens.

brooksmd
9/25/2016 4:53:08 PM
I did do a rollback to Win 10 ver 1511 and SSP with PP presentations are working like they used to. At least on my home workstation. Will do the same to the church system this week. If you do the rollback be sure to disable Win updates otherwise you'll be right back where you started. Hopefully somebody with SSP will get with Microsoft and get the problems ironed out with the Anniversary update.

George
9/26/2016 8:31:25 AM
All,

There is an issue with SongShow Plus, PPT and Windows 10 update 1607 (Anniversary Update) and there were several KB updates to address this.

The short answer is to either roll back as some have done or if you are not able to you can turn off the HEG feature.

There are a few different scenarios so a quick search in the knowledge base for PPT and Windows 10 will get you more details if you are interested. 

If you have additional trouble or the work around does not work, please contact support.

brooksmd
9/26/2016 10:07:16 AM
HEG feature? What and where is this?  Never mind, found it in the kb. 

osborn4
9/26/2016 11:05:01 AM
Honestly, I gave up trying to show Powerpoints in SSP years ago.

Any slide shows I make, I create as a SongShow Plus Slide Show.

If someone brings in a PPT and it doesn't have animations, I import it as full screen jpgs into an SSPSS

If I have to run the PPT, I run PPT outside of SSP and switch between as needed.

It's just simpler.

Yagabu
9/28/2016 4:32:31 PM
Thanks for the update

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙