Version 9.1 > Motion background displays as black screen

Dawn Samuels
3/21/2021 8:24:29 AM

When I loaded my program on Friday, I used motion backgrounds for 3/4 of our songs.   Everything worked great.  I closed the program and opened it ... everything was still fine.  Sunday morning I opened up the program to do a run through and one of the songs would only display the words on a black screen - even though it shows the motion background in the program. Completely random and just one song... but because I didn't want to risk having black screens during service I went in and switched everything back to still backgrounds.

We had this issue before in 9.0 and I thought it had been fixed.  This was my first time trying motion backgrounds since updating to 9.1 because we were trying to troubleshoot other issues.

A work around for one of the other problems we had was to turn off  the "shrink to fit" and "grow to fit" options for the title, author, etc display fields.  Today I noticed that "ensure consistent size" for those fields is checked ... but greyed out so you cannot uncheck it? (However, you can turn it off for Lyrics.)

Also, I frequently get error messages when opening a window to  change properties for just about anything.  They usually say something like:  An internal application error has occurred followed by a bunch of numbers/letters.

So frustrated.

dreece
3/22/2021 9:54:10 AM
This support request has been forwarded to the support team.

Dawn Samuels
4/25/2021 8:01:30 AM

Tried to use motions for service again today... have way through practice I got a black background and the the program froze up.  We have all the current updates.

Dawn Samuels
6/29/2021 11:37:38 AM

Still not able to use motion backgrounds with out it randomly displaying just a black background.

dreece
7/1/2021 10:17:02 AM

I will follow up on this.

Dawn Samuels
7/1/2021 12:21:00 PM

Thank you so much!

George Taylor
7/6/2021 2:11:13 PM

@Dawn - I will look into this and email you shortly to get this resolved.

Kathy Murdock
9/22/2021 9:56:14 AM

Has there been a resolution to this problem of the motion backgrounds showing as black backgrounds? We are having the same problem.

George Taylor
9/22/2021 10:03:39 AM

@Kathy - It is possible that this is caused by a variety of things so your quickest resolution will be to open a case with the support team for your specific issue and they can take a look.

ksingle
12/4/2022 8:27:52 AM

I'm having the same issue on version 9.2.  Any answers would be appreciated.

ksingle
12/4/2022 8:27:55 AM
(content deleted)

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙