Version 5.5 > Powerpoint import display in Songshow and lyric display

jardayfio
3/13/2006 8:07:37 AM
I needed a little help with SSP 5.5.  I have some regular announcement slides that are done in Powerpoint and then imported using the PowerPoint Add-in.  When I import the slides, even though I have placed titles in all of the slides in Powerpoint, the slides always import as Slide 1, Slide 2, etc.  Is there a way to change the name of the individual slides, that way my operators can know what exactly is in each slide.

Secondly, is there a way when I am displaying the lyrics on the control monitor to only show maybe the first line of each verse, chorus, etc.  I run into a problem because a lot of our songs have a lot of verses and then the chorus is all the way at the bottom and so what usually happens is you go v1 to chorus then scroll back up to click on v2.  I know that I can use the V1, V2 buttons up above but a lot of times, the operators don't know the exact words of each of these selections.

Thanks for the assistance.

kishateko
3/13/2006 9:48:58 AM
For your second ?, you can turn off details and that should stop showing all the words in the program area, but in my opinion, the better thing to do would to show the lyrics at the V1, V2, etc. buttons you are referring to above in the preview area. To do this click on the tools tab, select preferences, select hints, and make sure there is a check mark in the box that says "show verse preview hints"

osborn4
3/13/2006 10:00:10 AM
1) are you importing these as still graphics? If so, the only way is to rename them manually. Sorry.

Are you wanting the operator to bring up a speciific slide when a particular annoucnement is being made? That's what we do. We run the PPT announcement loop before the service, but I import the slides that are apt to be specifically announced during annoucnement time as jpegs and then manually rename them and insert them in the program.

2) If you turn the mouseover hints on (sorry, I can't remember where that option is in the settings), the operator can mouseover the V1, V2, ete button in the operator penel (upper right) and see the verse or chorus pop up when the mouse hovers over a particular button. Would that help?

I don't know of any line 1 option only. Are you doing this from the database window(left) or the program window (rioght)?

kishateko
3/13/2006 10:02:44 AM
Sorry, hit submit too soon. Now when you hover your mouse over the V1, etc., the words should show for you.

jardayfio
3/13/2006 10:09:36 AM
Thanks for the hints, I will try the tooltip method and see how that helps.

On question number 2, I didn't think about saving the jpeg's from powerpoint. I will try that this week and see how the operators like that.

Thanks again

osborn4
3/13/2006 10:27:25 AM
One thing to consider when you import PPT screens as jpgs, you will loose any screen animations.

Rod
3/13/2006 7:56:59 PM
The way we have found easiest is to turn off the database panals once you have finshed building your program, and operate the songs from the program inspector panel.
(Just click the database panel button top centerish..)

IE as you click on a song in the program all the V's and C's are displayed on the left side of the program panel. same for scripture and slide shows.

If you need to add a song or scripture on the fly just click the database panel button and there they are, when finished click that button again and they are gone..

If you need more info, yell out and I will explain better

Rod

kishateko
3/14/2006 5:22:20 AM
I'm opposite of you, I don't like the inspector panels. . . I turn them all off and leave the database panels open. Then I run the program mostly from the preview panel (with tips on so you can see the words) and when needed directly from the program panel. Someone from tech support (albeit a few years back) also said that those inspector panels use more system resources. Isn't it nice they have given us options.

Rod
3/14/2006 6:41:37 AM
The options are great, you can have five different operators, all operating different ways achieving the same result..

I guess our needs are a little different to most, we do alot of tech support for various large conferences and "special events" all around the place, as well as our own local church. Quite often we are working with a worship team we have never met before, songs we have never heard and sometimes different styles of worship.
we tend to use our program as a short list, then just go from song to song on the fly as the worship leader directs, in this case having all the verses / bridge / chorus etc all displayed at one time on the control screen makes it alot easier to keep up.. the mouse hover is good but not good enough for us "on the fly".
Then again some worship teams we work with, are very organised and rigid and its as easy as putting the songs in order, setting a verse sequence, and hit the + button..

The flexability and the different opions, is what I like best about this software..

Rod

Lee
3/14/2006 8:25:31 AM
Posted By kishateko on 03/14/2006 5:22 AM
... Someone ... said that those inspector panels use more system resources...
Highly questionable. To display a preview or an object inspector should both require minimal resources.

kishateko
3/14/2006 9:37:24 AM
Not debating the validity, just telling what was said

dreece
3/14/2006 11:07:00 PM
Posted By Rod on 03/14/2006 6:41 AM
The options are great, you can have five different operators, all operating different ways achieving the same result..

And with V7, each operator can have SSP set up they he/she wants it; preview windows / no preview windows, inspector panels / no inspector panels, media controls / no media controls, nice cool blue control window color / outrageous fuchsia control window color...I could go on.

osborn4
3/15/2006 6:41:48 AM
Posted By dreece on 03/14/2006 11:07 PM

And with V7, each operator can have SSP set up they he/she wants it; preview windows / no preview windows, inspector panels / no inspector panels, media controls / no media controls, nice cool blue control window color / outrageous fuchsia control window color...I could go on.

But wait, there's more!

If you act now....

Rod
3/15/2006 7:00:57 AM
Posted By osborn4 on 03/15/2006 6:41 AM
Posted By dreece on 03/14/2006 11:07 PM

But wait, there's more!

If you act now....

Steak Knives??.. do we get a set of steak knifes....

lol.. very good...

Rod

dreece
3/16/2006 12:32:54 AM
Just practicing for the late-night SSP infomercials.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙