Version 5.5 > Setting the Default Character Spacing

jrfisher
3/14/2006 7:40:50 AM
I have searched one here and haven't located it so I hope I'm not duplicating a question.

Is there any way to set the default for the character spacing.  With it at 100% everything is too close together for the kerning.  It really needs to be at about 120% for readability.  I guess it has to do with me being in a sign maker.  I just don't like all the letters scrunched so close together.

So I'm hoping there is a way to set a default instead of having to change it on everything that I do.

I'm also running into a problem with the right side of text windows.  The last letter gets cut in half no matter how I type the text.  Anything on that right margin gets cut off.

Any ideas?

Jonathan
SSP Newbie

osborn4
3/14/2006 8:10:32 AM
Hmm. Where do you set it per song? I imagine there is a similiar setting in the default display setting.

I know that I've had trouble with the text on the right getting truncated it I used italic, especially bold italic.

daveg
3/14/2006 8:13:55 AM
Jonathan,

I encountered this same problem. There is no kerning adjustment in SSP currently.
I talked with Tech Support about it and they suggested that I use normal size fonts in my windows setup. (I was using the large fonts setting at the time). Changing this to "normal" (right click desktop > properties > appearance > font size) did help the problem somewhat. Personally... I still think there needs to be a kearning adjustment though.....

daveg

jrfisher
3/14/2006 8:28:01 AM

I got the adjustment by right clicking on the text frame and selecting "properties"  from there I could change it to the 120%.

BUT

I had to do that on everything .

My font size is set to normal in windows.

Jonathan

osborn4
3/14/2006 9:05:37 AM
I'm still not getting the picture. Are you in the display properties for the song? In the database or in a program?

Is the text box the box with the lyrics in it?

jrfisher
3/14/2006 9:13:19 AM
Yes...you can do it in the Song Database in the font properties. Or in a show or slide by right clicking on the text and selecting properties.

osborn4
3/14/2006 9:25:30 AM
You should be able to go into the Default Display Properties and do the same thing. That's where I'd look.

Default Display Properties should be in one of the dropdown menus at the top. I don't have SSP in front of me, so I'm not sure exactly where.

osborn4
3/14/2006 9:29:32 AM
Oops. Looks like I should have said Global display properties.

Look at chapter 9, starting on page 103 in the user manual and see if that helps.
http://www.fowlerinc.com/store/pub/SSP_User_Guide.pdf

kishateko
3/14/2006 9:54:53 AM
It looks like you might have some adjustment to this setting in global properties. Once in display properties: global, select "song layout" and then the lyrics tab. You have settings there for space width and character width that can be adjusted up to 200%. Then you can go to "scripture layout" and the words tab for the same adjustments there. I didn't see any sort of adjustment for the slide properties, but I may have missed it.

jrfisher
3/14/2006 1:22:33 PM
I will try again when I get home in front of the laptop...but setting it in the global didn't work without having to still go in and change it. But maybe I did something wrong.

I'll post more later once I'm sure I did it right.

jrfisher
3/14/2006 6:37:08 PM
OK...I have checked. There is no way to do it in the global settings. You can only do it once you have it in a program.

osborn4
3/14/2006 7:48:51 PM
That's odd. I didn't realize that there were program settings that couldn't be set globally.

I guess you'll have to put in a wish list request.

Unless, someone from R-Technics has some words of wisdom.

Rod
3/14/2006 8:32:09 PM
I think you can acess it Globally, select global properties, button or F11

then go "Song Layout" then "Lyrics"

There you will find some settings for "Line Height" , "Space Width" "Character Width"..

Same for Title and reference , copyright etc..

Sorry if this is not what your looking for..
hope it helps

Rod

dreece
3/14/2006 11:13:15 PM
Posted By jrfisher on 03/14/2006 6:37 PM
OK...I have checked. There is no way to do it in the global settings. You can only do it once you have it in a program.
This is accessible through the global display properties. However, if you've overridden that property group in a program, then making changes to the global display properties will have no affect.

daveg
3/15/2006 6:09:04 AM
Posted By Rod on 03/14/2006 8:32 PM
I think you can acess it Globally, select global properties, button or F11

then go "Song Layout" then "Lyrics"

OK... I may have misunderstood the original question.... I thought we were talking about slides.  Is there a similar adjustment for slides?????

daveg

Rod
3/15/2006 6:45:42 AM
I dont seem to see any global adjustments for SSB or the "slides"

Rod

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙