Version 8.0 > What happened to the Secondary Program & how do I set one up?

hamiltonag
5/5/2014 3:06:15 PM
We have been using SSP7 up until I upgraded this week, but I do not see an option for a Secondary Program to send different displays to a secondary output. 

Here is our setup and how we had it connected before:

Primary/Control Monitor - 1st Geforce GT 640 output (DVI) to Monitor 1 
Presentation Display - 2nd Geforce GT 640 output (VGA) to Splitter to Monitor 2 and 2 projectors
Secondary Display - 3rd output by Integrated GPU (VGA) to Splitter to a Preview Monitor and two HDTVs in our Lobby
Stage Display - 4th output by DisplayLink USB adapter to HDTV mounted in our back wall
Unused by SSP - 5th output (Geforce GT 640 HDMI) to HDMI to RCA converter to UHF Video distributor & monitor

We were previously running our Primary Program on the Presentation Display and Secondary Program on the Secondary Display as digital signage on our lobby HDTVs. However, so far I haven't been able to figure out a way to do all that we need to in SSP8. Please advise. Thank you! (I've also submitted this information as a ticket to the SSP support staff.

John

hamiltonag
5/5/2014 3:49:58 PM
I think I may have found the solution to this issue.

After saving some settings & restarting SSP, I am now seeing in the Program Panel 4 buttons with 1, 2, 3, and 4. And by the looks of it, choosing the 2 button allows me to open a new program & send it to the secondary display. I will have to test this to be sure. I'll also need to make sure the proper display is setup as the Stage monitor. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙