Version 8.0 > Song Select import

wotz
5/6/2014 11:46:05 PM
This is nice. I did find when I imported a text file the author and copyright were around the wrong way, but usr was right.

George
5/7/2014 9:49:38 AM
I think we have had this some time in the past but I thought it was fixed.

I will check it out and submit as needed.

Are these text files recent downloads or older files?

wotz
5/7/2014 1:24:56 PM
Never mind - it was an older version I used, sorry

wcworship
5/13/2014 2:32:04 PM
In setting up the SongSelect access for the first time; when I use the "Select Another Account" button, SSP attempts to communicate with SongSelect. I then comes up with an error message that "communication with SongSelect failed." What is the reason for this? In setting up the "OneDrive" access, this process worked fine. I don't believe it is a FireWall; I would have got a message. Right? Thanks or any assistance with this matter.

George
5/13/2014 4:24:09 PM
Hi,

We recently had this reported to support and have determined that the time format appears to be causing this issue.

I am creating a KB on this that will be posted soon but in the meantime if you go into your Windows Control Panel you should be able to correct this.

Please go to Control Panel > Region and Language > Formats tab and set the short date to M/d/yyyy and apply – OK.

Open SongShow Plus 8 and try it again – it should work now.

wcworship
5/15/2014 8:52:51 AM
Yes, thank you for the information. We did check our system; all the time formats were correct. HOWEVER... our network server was pushing down the wrong time (date was correct, but time was off). It was behind a few minutes. This was enough to cause the issue. In conclusion, not only should the time formats be correct, but make sure the system clock is correct. Again, thanks for helping sort this issue out.

George
5/15/2014 12:40:58 PM
Yes - that is correct.

We did determine that as well later.  This seems to affect some of the online services more that others.  Also some only care if it is behind other have a more strict window.

Making sure the settings and the actual time are correct will prevent all these issues.

A KB has been created that covers this in more detail. See KB TS253

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙