Version 8.3 > no graphic in display areas

akins
1/14/2016 9:58:02 AM
No matter what kind of graphic (images, video, etc.) I select it neither shows in the Display Monitor or Media Control panels -- just a blue line outline.
Where are the Service Items and Service Sections stored?

George
1/14/2016 11:31:06 AM
Dick - this should work so more details please...

First - I assume it is projecting correct?

Second - describe your setup:

What OS?

What graphics card?

How many displays?

Does song/scripture text show in these places?

Are you getting any Notices on startup?

Regarding your other question on Service elements - are you wanting to know where to edit the list?

If so, you can access this via the Preferences panel or you can select the Edit List... link from the Insert Item menu.

akins
1/14/2016 3:36:29 PM
George, I downloaded 8.3 onto a lone computer so that I could play around with it a bit.
There is no projector and only the one monitor (24" Dell)
The graphics card is a standard VGA that came with the computer (Dell Optiplex 7010).
Win 7, enterprise, service pack #1
Intel i7-3770
8 Gb of Ram
250 Gb Ram drive
64-bit
I'm guessing that, although there is no projection, I need a graphics card with more umph.

The question about the Service elements was because I thought that I could simply copy
what I have been using over to vs. 8.3 - to save a small amount of typing -- not a big deal obviously.

George
1/14/2016 4:08:13 PM
I see...

Not sure how enterprise will behave but this should work.  True about the graphics.  If it does not support DX then you will have some issues.

You will probably want to check to see that the embedded display is actually what is being used or split the display in the properties so you have a separate target for projection.

Also keep in mind that you can run the SSP versions side by side so you can see how it will behave on your "regular" setup.  This also saves you from having to copy stuff from one place to another....

akins
1/19/2016 3:52:59 PM
Turns out the the display driver had not been updated, after which I now can see images, etc.
This is just a workstation with one monitor so I want to put what would normally go to the projection
either in the "display monitor" panel or the "embedded display" panel, but the only thing I can get is
WORKSTATION
WORKSTATION
WORKSTATION
in the embedded display. What are these two panels for, how do I use them, and how can I get
images in at least one of them? It would certainly be great to be able to use one as "next item"
but I guessing that for some reason that will not be allowed anymore.

George
1/20/2016 1:39:10 PM
OK - good to know you found the driver issue.

My guess is with the one display that the settings are incorrect causing nothing to be seen in them.

The Display Monitor should only be in use when there is an additional physical display connected.  In your case is sounds like you should hide this.

From the main toolbar select View > and make sure Display Monitor Panel is not checked. 

If you only have one display connected then you will want to set it up as follows to use the Embedded Display:

From the main toolbar select View > and make sure Embedded Monitor Panel is checked.

In display settings:

Presenter Window should be set to Standard Placement

Select Display Window 1 and set placement to Presenter Window (embedded)

Once this is all set, Apply and close then restart SSP.

This should resolve your content display.  If not you might want to try connecting a second monitor.  If that does not work let me know and we can get together and take a look.

GT

akins
1/21/2016 7:50:11 AM
Eureka! Thanks George. Now put your succinct instructions online or in the Help section 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙