Version 5.5 > future use of CCLI with SSP?

akins
3/15/2006 9:58:09 AM
I'm way behind on this, but recently I was made aware that CCLI no longer has a CD -- only online access. We have used our original CCLI CD as one of our music databases on SSP. That CD is now 3 years old.

1. Is there any need for CCLI in addition to the SSP song database?
2. If so, how will that work?
3. When we're makng up a program and are online, will the online CCLI database show up?
4. Is there a pro-module for use with the online CCLI?
5. What if our projection computer doesn't have a web connection?
6. Is it possible that CCLI will have a downloadable database?

Thanks for any help.

Dick

iamgap
3/15/2006 11:25:22 AM
Posted By akins on 03/15/2006 9:58 AM
I'm way behind on this, but recently I was made aware that CCLI no longer has a CD -- only online access. We have used our original CCLI CD as one of our music databases on SSP. That CD is now 3 years old.

2. If so, how will that work?
3. When we're makng up a program and are online, will the online CCLI database show up?
4. Is there a pro-module for use with the online CCLI?
6. Is it possible that CCLI will have a downloadable database?

Thanks for any help.

Dick

If you are referring to SongSelect, I believe there is a ProModule for the CD version. I have never used it, but others here have.

1. Yes CCLI is needed to bring in new songs. I have also heard that you should occasionally check the CCLI web site to make sure they are still covering a song you have previously acquired through them.

2. & 4. Once you install the ProModule for SongSelect Online you will be able to import most songs directly into the SSP sang database.

3. Currently there is no seperate database for songs imported from the CCLI website.

5. You can download a song as a text file from CCLI on a PC that has an internet connection, and then use copy and paste to import it ino SSP.

6. It is currently downloadable one song at a time. I do believe they have a per month limit though. You might go to the CCLI website and ask this question of them.

gap

osborn4
3/15/2006 1:12:29 PM
Yes. The SongSelect database is a great resource to have on hand. You will need to install SongSelect off of the CD and then install the SSP Promodule for the SongSelect Database

The SongSelect Lyric service is an add on to your CCLI license and it allows you to install new songs directly from thier web site, if you have connectivitiy from your projection computer. For that, you will need to install the SongSelect Lyric Service ProModule.

I would say that, unless you sing exclusively songs that are less than 3 years old, then the SongSelect database is still worth setting up on your projection computer.

Rick Everingham
3/15/2006 1:33:46 PM
We use the SongSelect cd with the promodule and it is very nice to have, works great.

Karen39
3/15/2006 4:05:45 PM
We have CCLI and Songselect and I have never installed Songselect off of the CD.  I just download them off of CCLI.  We really don't sing many songs older than 3 years and if we do, we already have those in our database. 

iamgap
3/15/2006 7:35:06 PM
Somnething I find humorous in the statement "older than three years", but may not apply to you all, is the 1988 copyright on a lot of these songs.

Our MD gets a lot of our "new" songs from Worship Leader's Song Discovery. Some of these songs I am familiar with from listening to the "Christian" radio station in St. Louis that sold out to sin.. er... I mean country music and profits oh so many years ago.

When you talk about songs less than three years old, are you referring to copyright dates, or just in the "public eye"? If they really are that new, where do you find out about them?

Side bar for Karen. Has Sandy Brown been successful in bringing Christian bublegum music back to St. Louis? She and I went round and round about bands like Larry Norman, Petra, Styper, Rez, Messiah Prohet, Whiteheart, White Cross, etc til I was blue in the face. I have nothing against the mellow music, I just think you reach the lost by going to them, not making them come to you. They were worried about ratings, so they played the songs that the ratings watchers said would keep their ratings higher. One of the things that would kill me the most was that they would play a Larry Norman song sung by Geoff Moore, but not the original that was sung by Larry Norman. Oh well, life goes on.

gap

Karen39
3/15/2006 9:08:34 PM
Well, I will say most of the songs we sing are very new.  Our Worship Pastor usually gets them from other Pastors he knows.  He just went to a worship conference at New Life church in Colorado so we're singing alot of their music and arrangements.  It is funny because he'll introduce a song to us and then a few weeks later we'll start to hear it sung on the Christian radio.  By the way, I listen to WIBI here.  They're in Illinois.  I can't get a St. Louis Christian radio station here and I have tried!  WIBI has gotten a lot better.  They used to be so far behind it wasn't funny.  Still, I wish there was something more up to date than even they are. 

osborn4
3/16/2006 6:27:37 AM
Three years ago was when the SongSelect 3.0 database was created, so it doesn't have anything that wasn't covered by CCLI more than 3 years ago (It seems like it is a little older than that, but I'll take Dick's word on that).

New songs can be heard by listening to Christian radio, either live, if your area is so blesses, or find a good internet station.

Worship Leader magazine also has the Song Discovery service that you can subscribe to and get a cd of new stuff quarterly or so. I thing they might include the music as well.

WorshipTogether.com is another good site to pick up new stuff.

And if you subscribe to CCLI's Song Select Lyric service, you can see a list of what's hot and listen to it.

Just a few sources to get you started.

rkresge
3/16/2006 10:55:57 AM
Posted By osborn4 on 03/16/2006 6:27 AM
Three years ago was when the SongSelect 3.0 database was created, so it doesn't have anything that wasn't covered by CCLI more than 3 years ago (It seems like it is a little older than that, but I'll take Dick's word on that).
Wow, I was under the impression it had been more than 5 years since they updated the SongSelect 3.0 database.  But it's been so long since I used it extensively that I can't remember.  Didn't they have some kind of updater tool at one point?

Roger

osborn4
3/16/2006 11:04:29 AM
I think the 5 year age is probably closer to the truth than the 3 year. That's what I was thinking anyway. I know we bought it before I was involved in the projection. So I'd say it's at least that old.

To bad they dropped the product. It's real handy to have things on the hard drive and some folks don't have internet access from thier projection booth.

iamgap
3/16/2006 12:41:17 PM
Posted By osborn4 on 03/16/2006 11:04 AM
I think the 5 year age is probably closer to the truth than the 3 year. That's what I was thinking anyway. I know we bought it before I was involved in the projection. So I'd say it's at least that old.

To bad they dropped the product. It's real handy to have things on the hard drive and some folks don't have internet access from thier projection booth.

One can always DL them from a machine that does have access, and then import them using the Import from Clipboard. I have done that on the rare times that the song won't DL directly, or when CCLI has changed thier format and SSP wasn't informed.

gap

markrief
4/1/2006 10:01:25 PM

We use only CCLI on line, and have never seen a CD. Songs are added to CCLE every week - currently about 90,000 I think. There are top 100 lists also, so you can browse for what other churches are downloading.

It's very easy -- when you need a song, say you want to import it, select it, and it gets put in to the SSP song database. Then edit or format to suit.

Regarding #5, you need a web connection somewhere. If the projection system does not have one, you can use a workstation system that is connected. Download the songs you want, add them to a "Program", and then "package to go". When you restore this package on the projection system, the songs will be added to the library there.

Mark

dprez
1/10/2007 7:24:19 AM
OK, we have been using the SongSelect Online Lyrics service for a while now, and I would like to get rid of the SongSelect 3.0 database that is still on our computer (so we can stop worrying about the activation code each year).

Most songs that we altered (like splitting verses etc.) I was able to find quickly because we added an extension to the name to let us know which was 'our' version. I didn't do that however, for songs where the only thing we changed was the typical verse sequence. Then we would just edit the song and change the sequence. So now we have a bunch of songs in the SongSelect database that have custom verse sequences (by default, SongSelect does not provide a verse sequence).

If I could find a way to do a search of the songs and only show those that have a typical verse sequence, I could then clone them to the SongShow Plus database. Does anyone know of a way to do a search of songs to find those with a typical verse sequence?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Don

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙