Version 5.5 > The Message Remix Bible

andycool22
3/22/2006 2:30:48 PM
In our contemporary service, we use The Message Remix Bible.  As far as I know, this is the same as The Message except that the Remix Version has verse numbers.  Is there any way to get the message or the message remix into songshow's scripture database section?  All we have right now is King James. 

We just started using SongShow.  We found out that it came with our fowler installation, which occured last year on May 8th.  We think it's an awesome program!

And

andycool22 at gmail dot com

David
3/22/2006 2:46:04 PM
The simple answer to your question is yes.  SongShow Plus supports a number of different 3rd party applications which allow you to access different Bible Translations.

Quick Verse, the Online Bible and the Logos (Libronix) packages are all currently supported.

To access them, simply purchase and install the package you wish to use.  Then, run the SongShow Plus updater.  It should automatically select the correct ProModule.  If it doesn't, you can manually direct SongShow to install the one you need. 

osborn4
3/22/2006 3:30:29 PM
Many of us have found the Online Bible to be a very economical choice.

We only use the NIV and I was able to download the modules for free and then pay $15 to unlock the NIV.

It looks like they have the Message, as well.

And it works well with SongShowPlus.

You can find information on the other Bible programs that SongShowPlus supports here.

And welcom aboard. I think you'll find all kinds of good stuff in SSP.

iamgap
3/22/2006 5:02:33 PM
Posted By osborn4 on 03/22/2006 3:30 PM
Many of us have found the Online Bible to be a very economical choice.

We only use the NIV and I was able to download the modules for free and then pay $15 to unlock the NIV.

It looks like they have the Message, as well.

And it works well with SongShowPlus.

You can find information on the other Bible programs that SongShowPlus supports here.

And welcom aboard. I think you'll find all kinds of good stuff in SSP.

I too have used Online Bible, but stopped using it because Broadman will not release the text to the HCSB for it. Our Pastor uses the HCSB exlusively now.

I attempted to use the Logos, but was not happy with the services that continue to run until you kill them or reboot. Online Bible stops the services that it uses when SSP closes.

gap

Karen39
3/22/2006 8:51:35 PM
We use Online bible and love it.  We purchased the deluxe package which includes quite a few versions.  They are not allowed to have the HCSV bible because HCSV won't let them.  Our Associate Pastor wanted to use that bible, but he doesn't because we can't put up the scriptures for it.  He knows how important it is to be able to put up the scriptures on the screen. 

pwright2
3/23/2006 8:38:24 AM
BibleGateway.com has the HCSB text online. You could cut and paste from that. Format would require some editing but better than retyping. Tough to do 'on the fly', of course.

-----Paul-----

Hebrews 2 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.
Holman Christian Standard Bible Broadman Holman

Hebrews 2
Warning against Neglect
1 We must therefore pay even more attention to what we have heard, so that we will not drift away. 2 For if the message spoken through angels was legally binding, (A) [a] and every transgression and disobedience received a just punishment, (B) 3 how will we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was first spoken by the Lord and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him. (C) 4 At the same time, God also testified by signs and wonders, various miracles, and distributions [of gifts] from the Holy Spirit according to His will. (D)

osborn4
3/23/2006 9:25:31 AM
There may be copyright issues with that approach. I wouldn't do that much until I investigated the HCS copyright.

andycool22
3/23/2006 9:31:35 AM
We previously were putting The Message into our powerpoints using www.biblegateway.com. I was just curious as to if there was a way to get the whole thing always accessible through songshow, then you could just stick stuff right in. It sounds like through one of these bible software packages that that might be possible. Thanks for all the replies!

rkresge
3/23/2006 9:44:05 AM
The copy of The Message that's included in the Online Bible does verse references.  It's not "Remix", but the verse numbers are referenced.  As several people have mentioned, it links directly to SSP.  But the price tag may be the best feature - it's only about $40 US.   (You can pay a few bucks more for the unlock codes to run NIV, NLT, and couple other newer translations.)

andycool22
3/23/2006 9:46:21 AM
As far as our church can tell, the only difference between the message and the message remix is that the remix added the verse numbers. we haven't yet found any difference between the two texts. we figure that they just put out the remix with verse numbers because it was probably the source of a large number of complaints about the message. Sounds like a good price and a quality product....we may consider the online bible.

pwright2
3/23/2006 11:00:26 AM
Personally, I think people worry too much about the Copyright issues ... but ... (it took me a while to find):

Holman Christian Standard Bible®
Author
Publisher Broadman & Holman Publishers
Nashville, TN
web: www.broadmanholman.com
Copyright Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.
Permissions Statement

The text of the Holman Christian Standard Bible® may be quoted in any form (written, visual, audio or electronic) up to and inclusive of two-hundred-fifty (250) verses without the written permission of the publisher, provided that the verses do not account for more than 20 percent of the work in which they are quoted, and provided that a complete book of the Bible is not quoted.

When the Holman Christian Standard Bible® is quoted, one of the following credit lines must appear on the copyright or title page of the work.

Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®,
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission.

or

Unless otherwise noted, Scripture quotations marked "HCSB" have been taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®,
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission.

http://hcsb.broadmanholman.com/bookinfo.asp?pub=0&book=119

http://hcsb.broadmanholman.com/crossmain.asp

----Paul-----

Lee
3/23/2006 11:05:22 AM
Posted By andycool22 on 03/23/2006 9:46 AM
As far as our church can tell, the only difference between the message and the message remix is that the remix added the verse numbers.
Wanting the "remix" doesn't make sense. The Message Bible that is included with OnLine Bible has the normal verse numbers, so no need to insist on the "remix" version.

Lee
3/23/2006 11:09:37 AM
Posted By pwright2 on 03/23/2006 11:00 AM
Personally, I think people worry too much about the Copyright issues ...
I don't think anyone is "worried" about Copyright police showing up; I think most people simply want to be above reproach.

Lee
3/23/2006 11:15:39 AM
Posted By Karen39 on 03/22/2006 8:51 PM
...Online bible ... are not allowed to have the HCSV bible because HCSV won't let them.
If this is true, then possibly the reason has something to do with how they want their copyright treated, which possibly further means they might not want people to display it even if people can get the text from their web site or a printed copy.

In any case, it probably should be checked out before attempting to display something from that version.

Karen39
3/24/2006 6:02:33 AM
When our Associate Pastor wanted to use the Holman bible, I contacted Online bible to find out if they could do that.  They told me they couldn't because of copyright issues. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙