Version 9.1 > Where did the song backgrounds go????

rkresge
6/23/2021 2:42:56 PM

Finally migrated to our new projection computer today. Did a data Backup of the SSP 8.4 data on the 'old' computer, then did a Restore to SSP 9.1 on the new one. Went well enough, but where did all the song backgrounds go???? The image and motion background files appear to have been migrated, but the links to the background files in all song Properties appear to be blank!! Ouch!! Remedy? Other than tediously transferring and updating the info by hand, one song at a time??

dreece
6/23/2021 3:33:32 PM
This support request has been forwarded to the support team.

rkresge
6/23/2021 4:43:14 PM

Thanks! Got another question coming in a moment.

rkresge
6/24/2021 11:06:18 PM

So the answer from the support team is that I have to pay for a higher level support package in order to get the program to work properly? I've supported you guys for 20 years, despite the fact that every major update during the last 10 years or so has included significant issues. Something always gets lost in the process, requiring extended effort on my part, and now it appears to have happened again. This does not make me a happy camper. My question is a simple one: Is there a known issue with the Backup/Restore process when moving from version 8.x to version 9.x, and is there a fix or workaround?

Jim Parish
6/28/2021 10:52:18 AM

We had a similar situation regarding the migration to version 9.1.  9.1 uses MP4 files and earlier versions don't like those as well.  With many of the issues we have experienced with 9.1, we have gone back to 8.5 and using WMV files. 

rkresge
6/30/2021 9:46:49 AM

Thanks Jim. In this case, it appears that ALL of the individual songs have lost the links to the background files, no matter what type they were. Lot's of JPGs, WMVs, etc. The files are in place, but the links in the database are gone as far as I can tell.

dreece
7/1/2021 10:09:05 AM

Roger,

Backup/restore should not loose links to background images and videos, so long as those background files were located within the SSP media files directory tree. If they were somehow linked to files outside of that directory tree then that may explain why the background files aren't there. In any case, we'd like to verify that there isn't a problem with the backup/restore process so I'm forwarding this to a support person who investigates these issues. 

George Taylor
7/6/2021 2:09:51 PM

@Jim - If I understand what you are referring to (Video playback issues) that is different from what Roger is referring to.  His files are missing all together from the restore.

@Roger - I am gathering some info and will email you a bit later to get this sorted out. 

rkresge
7/9/2021 5:52:33 PM

Geroge, I have received your email. At this point it will be Wednesday 7/14 before I can look at this again - I'm only at the church one day a week working on this project. To clarify, it appears to me that the *content* of our song backgrounds migrated successfully during the backup/restore process, but the *links* in the properties of the individual songs are empty. Seems bizarre.

As a preliminary, I'm going to do the restore on my home computer with the Workstation license of 9.1 installed. I want to see if I can duplicate this.

Thanks!

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙