Version 5.5 > Importing from clipboard errors

JS
3/28/2006 8:28:32 PM
Hi, I have just purchase SSP 5.5 and I'm using the import from clipboard feature to transfert all our songs from power point.
The feature works pretty well but not for non english characters (ex: é,è,ê, à, â....) Is there a quick fix for this?

Rod
3/28/2006 11:42:43 PM
I can't help you with the characters,
but do you know there is an import from powerpoint option!!

it would possible be alot quicker than importing from clipboard.

yell out if you want more info..

Rod

mike
3/29/2006 12:53:31 PM
Just a guess but I'd check to make sure that the PP source and the SSP destination are using the same font.

Karen39
3/29/2006 3:50:07 PM
It is so simple to import powerpoint files into Songshow Plus.  Have you downloaded all the promodules that go with Songshow Plus?

JS
3/30/2006 7:08:02 PM
I dont have the powerpoint promodule because I did not unlock my projection system just yet.
Does the promodule let you import just the text as a new song, or does it import as a slide?

I have included some snapshots of my problem.

It's ok in the Clipboard Utility: http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=step13sg.jpg

But once inserted to SSP, here what its look like : http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=step22pl.jpg

thanks

mikedawwg
3/30/2006 9:20:35 PM
What happens if you were to paste it in notepad?

Just curious if this is a systemwide thing or SSP alone...

JS
3/31/2006 4:57:00 AM
It's ok in notepad. The copy/paste feature works great (as you can see in the first picture) and its also ok when I use copy/paste directly into the SSP database without using "Import from clipboard". The problem is when I accept the song from the clipboard utility, the tools seams not to be inserting the wright characters.

mikedawwg
3/31/2006 7:24:30 AM
I see, so it is a problem within SSP itself and it's "Import from clipboard" utility. Doesn't support foreign characters.

Is it much harder to do just direct copy and pasting?

I mean if it works that way for now...

osborn4
3/31/2006 7:45:30 AM
when you "import" a powerpoint, you are just copying the PPT into the SSP Slide Shows directory. Then you can show it as a powerpoint under SSP. but that kinda neutralizes some of the advantages of running SSP. No easy jumping from verse to verse. no motion backgrounds or advanced transitions. No reformatting the text, unless you edit the PPT.

You can also import each page of a PPT as a graphic, and that would work better, as long as you name each graphic appropriately. But then you are stuck with the background it imported with, as well as all the same text attributes.

You could call or contact SSP support and have them take a look at it.

http://ssplash.com/Support/tabid/79/Default.aspx

Contact information is in the left column.

Rod
4/1/2006 12:44:16 AM
Posted By osborn4 on 03/31/2006 7:45 AM
when you "import" a powerpoint, you are just copying the PPT into the SSP Slide Shows directory. Then you can show it as a powerpoint under SSP. but that kinda neutralizes some of the advantages of running SSP. No easy jumping from verse to verse. no motion backgrounds or advanced transitions. No reformatting the text, unless you edit the PPT.

You can also import each page of a PPT as a graphic, and that would work better, as long as you name each graphic appropriately. But then you are stuck with the background it imported with, as well as all the same text attributes.

You could call or contact SSP support and have them take a look at it.

http://ssplash.com/Support/tabid/79/Default.aspx

Contact information is in the left column.

I was referring to importing song lyric's.. direct from powerpoint..

If you have powerpoint 2003 or later, and have the pro module installed.
you can import direct from powerpoint.. to make up a new song..

To do this.. goto the "songs" database.
then select "import from" then choose "Powerpoint" if you dont have the powerpoint pro module installed you will only see the clipboard option..

I dont know if this will help you with the "character" problems..
But I often get people give me songs already done up in powerpoint and this is a very quick way to import them and run them as SSP songs instead of powerpoint...

hope this helps
Rod

osborn4
4/1/2006 6:04:48 AM
Posted By Rod on 04/01/2006 12:44 AM
I was referring to importing song lyric's.. direct from powerpoint..

If you have powerpoint 2003 or later, and have the pro module installed.
you can import direct from powerpoint.. to make up a new song..

hope this helps
Rod
Wow. I had no idea that was available. We've never used PPT for lyrics, so I've never investigated that.

Very cool. I'll keep that in my pocket the next time a guest song leader presents me with a ppt of the songs he wants to do.

JS
4/3/2006 8:58:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your help!
There is one more point I want to share and hopefully this could be fixed for ver7.
If you look at my song list you will notice that it is not listed alphabeticly due to non-english charaters.
(éèà.....)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=listing8cy.jpg

Or maybe it's already fixed for ver7....

Karen39
4/10/2006 6:36:07 PM
When I looked at your song list, it looked alphabetical to moi et les chasons sont en francais. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙