Version 8.0 > How do I fade out a video

ksingle
5/18/2014 8:17:25 AM
I sometimes will have a video playing while someone is talking and want to fade it out when they are finished (it can vary how long I let it play).  When I click to advance to a blank slide it abruptly quits.  I would like for it to fade out.  Is there a way to do this.  I have set the fade in and out but it looks like that only works when you play the entire video. 

George
5/19/2014 2:02:22 PM
You can do this a few ways.

You mentioned the fade in/out for playback settings and yes those would only affect the beginning and the end of the video.  If you knew the time you needed, you can set the mark out and it will fade out at that point.

If you are wanting to do this more spontaneously (sounds like it) the you can use the mute display button.  This will fade to black in the time set in the preferences for Mute/Clear display.

That said, it does appear that the blank slide should transition from the video when selected since it does from an image so we will have to take a look at that.  This behavior does exist in SongShow Plus 7 as well.

dreece
5/19/2014 2:09:29 PM
Kevin, there is no setting that let you fade out if you leave a video before it ends. It's a good idea thought and we'll consider ways to do this.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙