Version 8.0 > PowerPoint Locked to Display Screen & Playback Issue.

wcworship
5/21/2014 1:22:30 PM

I encountered a couple of issues today running a PowerPoint presentation. 

To Note:  We use PPT often, for announcements, etc...

1.  I am using a 32 Page AutoRun slideshow.  The Media Control panel was set to display multiple lines of slides instead of one.

I also had an audio file embedded with the PPT.  When the Media Control Panel would flip to the next line and scroll

up, we would also experience a "Hick Up" in the playback of the slide and the audio.  Again, this only happened when

a change was being made in the Media Control Panel -- flipping to the next line, etc...   Should this happen?

My Fix:  I put the Media Control Panel in "Single Line" display for Slide Shows. 

2.  This next issue happened only once, but was only fixed by shutting down SongShow.  The PowerPoint Slide

show stayed locked on the Main Display output.  If different selections were made, they could be seen behind

the PPT Slide, but no Clear Buttons, or Toggle Displays, etc... would clear the PPT slide.  Is this a known issue?  Or, is this

something unique.  Again, it was only cleared by Shutting Down SongShow all together.  If it happens again, I attempt

to document the series of events leading up to it. 

To Note:  I'm using our New GoFish Media Computer system; so this was an interesting unexpected issue. 

George
5/22/2014 2:49:58 PM
There are a few possible causes of this but the best course is to contact the Support Team and have them take a look so they can see what is happening and gather the needed files. 

Without the PPT file you are using, we are only guessing.... 

LamarM
8/29/2014 1:54:59 PM
same thing happened to me this last Sunday using 8.1, I finally had to remove the powerpoint presentation to get it where I could display anything else.

Lamar

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙