Version 5.5 > Selecting a Scripture book with one key only

Cleber Caldas
4/3/2006 10:20:42 PM
When in Scripture Panel, if we select any book, let's say Genesis, and type let's say "J", it will jump to Joshua, but if we type "J" again it won't jump to Judges like it did in version 4, when it would search and jump to every book starting with "J" as many times we pressed "J", and I realized this "bug" is present in version 7 too.

When searching for different books "on the fly" it helps lots.

Thanks.

Cleber

osborn4
4/4/2006 4:21:55 AM
I'm pretty sure that if you type a Ju, you will get to Judges.

You need to type as many letters as necessary to select a unique book.

Karen39
4/4/2006 6:10:59 AM
That's what I do.  I just start typing the book name and usually after 2 or 3 letters it will jump to that book.  That is much easier for us than having to remember to keep typing to get to the next book with that letter. 

Cleber Caldas
4/4/2006 9:13:21 AM

Nope... I think you still didn't get it..

Yeah, it does work the way you say if you type the letters "on the field" where it's supposed to.

But what I mean is when you "select" a given book, let's say again Genesis (remember the book is selected / highlighted, and you don't move the mouse and left click on the field above) and then type "J". "J" won't show in any place, but it will lead you directly to Joshua. Then, in V4, when you typed "J" again, it would lead you again directly to Judges, and pressing "J" again, to Job, and so on... That's what is not working anymore in V5.5 or V7. No matter how many times you press "J", it will be forever in the next book starting with "J". If you are in Genesis, it will jump to Joshua and stay there. If Ruth is selected and you press "J", it will jump to Job, but will stay there no matter how many times you press "J" again (it will not jump to Jeremiah like it would in V4).

Could you get what i mean...? Both features (what I mean and what you mean) can coexist and be very useful IMHO.

Another useful thing would be to have a single "line break" between the Old and New Testaments so that it would be faster to find where to look at when searching/scrolling for a book. If you are looking for Matthew, it would be faster to look for a "line" than to Malachi. Maybe I should post it in the wish list... Anyway...

And thanks you all for replying!

Cleber

osborn4
4/4/2006 9:43:49 AM
Have you tried additional letter in the name? e.g. hitting the O after the J to get to Joshua and then hitting B to get to Job?

I haven't tried it. I guess I always click the mouse into the passage box, so a) I know for sure where I my text is going and b) so I can type the entire reference, not just the book.

Cleber Caldas
4/4/2006 10:06:49 AM
Hmmm... yep, and nope.. I tried it, but it doesn't work like that.

If you hit "J", then "O", it will go to Joshua and then to Obadiah (you see... that was done to work like that, but got lost in some point...). BTW, hitting "B" will take you nowhere, since there's no book starting with B.

I see your point and it's a nice tip using the passage box, but our operator was used to that thing in V4, and I think it "should" be easy to find what made it not working anymore like it should in V5.5 and V7 and to make it work again. Well, hope so...

Thanks once more!

Cleber

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙