Version 8.0 > timers with audio

wotz
5/23/2014 5:50:34 AM
I've never played with timers much. Is it possible to get the audio out of a video running in the background, or to attach an audio file to a timer?

osborn4
5/24/2014 12:16:03 PM
Audio from background: not that I know of

Add audio file: I would think so.

wotz
5/24/2014 3:07:11 PM
Having played with it a bit more in last last few days, it seems timers are the forgotten orphan. It would be great if we could build our own, but almost everything has to be done in the display properties, and can't be saved into the file itself.

akins
5/25/2014 7:34:41 PM
There has been a Wish List request about timers for about 2-3 years -- in all the new things going on that
item and list are about forgotten, I'm afraid. Anyhow, the suggestion was that the timer be made one of
the included videos like "fireworks, physix, etc, and perhaps the advanced effects could be applied.
The idea would be to have either analog of digital timers with a transparent background that could be
placed anywhere on a slide having its own image/video background. Text and images could be added
to the slide as desired. The usual variations of format (min, sec, etc) and the starting and ending values
could be selected as well as specific fonts of desired size, color, weight, and type. It was also suggested
an option added be that the timer could continue to run even if other slides were used so that one
could come back to the original and the time would be still running.

As a person who uses countdowns almost every week, I think SSP is missing one of the most valuable
selling points. In the meanwhile I often use Countdown Creator along with Movie Maker to make my
countdowns -- obviously not as nice as being able to accomplish that in SSP! Quite frankly, I've given
up on any improvement along this line, but I hope I'm wrong.

wotz
5/27/2014 3:37:34 AM
There is a countdown in the message plugin, but only has hour, 1/2 hour or 1/4 hour

George
5/27/2014 11:17:51 AM
Alister,

RE: timers with audio track.  You are correct there is not a setting/feature at this time to add an audio track to a timer.

You are also correct that there are no "saveable" slide properties for timers.

You can however do the following:

create a timer and add to a program.
Set the background to anything you like with the object slide properties in a program.
Play audio during the timer with the Audio Improv panel.

wotz
5/28/2014 1:34:52 AM
It all gets a bit hard with a music video.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙