Version 8.3 > How many individual screens can SSP run?

fritzman
8/19/2016 3:28:21 AM
I have just upgraded our main projection PC, and it now has the ability to run as many as 6 individual monitors/projectors.
I assumed that as I added more display devices, that SSP would simply add them, but this does not appear to be the case.

I was hoping to run them as...
1 Control Monitor
2 Main projection screen
Direct attached LCD for showing what is on the main screen & previewing if needed while the main screen is frozen
4 & 5   An identical pair of side projectors normally for fixed images
6 Rear projector for the benefit of the choir/preacher

Assuming I run No 6 as a choir screen, how many other screens can I run that have an individual feed and also, is there a way of having the same feed go to more than one output?  In my example, 2 & 3 need to be the same, and 4 & 5 need to be the same.

Is what we are doing in having No 3 in the system normal, or do SSP users not do that any more?

Appreciate some pointers.

George
8/19/2016 8:31:33 AM

Bruce,

SongShow Plus can control up to 4 unique projection displays.  If you count the control display as well then that is 5 outputs.

What you described is easy to accomplish and many have set up exactly what you described.

This can be done with 2 active splitters.  Here is the setup as you described:

1 Control Monitor - Output 1
2 Main projection screen - Output 2 on active splitter with #3
3  Direct attached LCD for showing what is on the main screen & previewing if needed while the main screen is frozen - Output 2 on active splitter with #2
4 & 5   An identical pair of side projectors normally for fixed images - Output 3 on active splitter with #4 and #5
6 Rear projector for the benefit of the choir/preacher - Output 4 - could be done independently or as the Stage Display

In this scenario you actually have an additional projected output to spare....

Hope that helps

fritzman
8/20/2016 1:19:12 PM
Thanks for that... so in reality, we could actually split outputs #4 & #5, and choose to run them with the same program, or have different images/whatever, on each?
I gather though, that there is no way to have the same program going to multiple screens, without splitting a single feed.

George
8/22/2016 11:00:38 AM
Bruce,

You are correct on both counts....

Hope that works out.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙