Version 5.5 > CCLI Reporting?

Karen39
4/11/2006 7:20:35 PM
I know SSP does record activity for CCLI, but I am wondering if anybody has ever used this feature and how it works?  We just got a notification that we need to start doing this.

osborn4
4/11/2006 7:27:29 PM
As I understand it, CCLI no longer accepts that recording. It used to be that you could just send the info from SSP/SongSelect. But evidently it doesn't work that way anymore.

You do have to turn on the CCLI activity recording each time you want activity added to the log. But I'm not sure what good it does anymore.

Karen39
4/11/2006 7:32:08 PM
Oh, yuck, really?  That was one of the reasons I got our Worship Pastor to agree to purchase this software.  That's a pain too if we have to turn on the log each time.  Maybe I can just copy and paste something. 

osborn4
4/11/2006 7:40:58 PM
The one time I got to report CCLI that way, it worked great. But, as I recall, it would only report the activity from songs played from the SongSelect database, not the SSP database. That's why we got used to cloninng songs into SongSelect rather than the SSP database.

I'm hoping someone here can explain what happened, because it did work pretty cool.

And, hopefully, they can explain what the CCLI recording does now.

Karen39
4/11/2006 7:46:41 PM
Yes, it would be great if there were a very easy way to report.

dreece
4/12/2006 12:35:32 AM
CCLI no longer accepts the printed reports -- the ones that SSP will provide to you. However, this information is still helpful in filling out the on-line reports.

osborn4
4/12/2006 4:47:48 AM
Can we get the option to have logging on by default?

Does it record activity from all the Song databases?

Thanks.

Karen39
4/12/2006 3:26:35 PM
Yeah, because the days I am not in the booth, they won't have that option open.  Speaking of CCLI, does anybody know how it works?  Do we have to report to them each song we sing or just the ones that are new to us?

osborn4
4/12/2006 4:16:50 PM
You have to report each time you project and each time you record any song covered in the CCLI catalog. SSP lets you choose whether to log Recording Activity, Projecting Activity or both.

We only record the first service, so for any song on a given weekend, we have to record 2 projection activities and 1 recording activity.

This is only done for 6 months out of every 2 years and they will tell you when you need to report.

Karen39
4/12/2006 4:24:28 PM
They did tell us we have to report.  Ya know what they told us?  I logged on and saw a notice.  That was the only way.  They didn't even send us an email about it.  On their website it said that we don't have to report a song each time we sing it, but only the first time for each song.  At least that's what I thought it said.  I don't know if we record the music part of the service.  I know we record the sermons. 

markrief
4/12/2006 6:29:30 PM

I just completed our reporting period. CCLI has a web interface that is not that bad.

We had to report each song we downloaded or recorded. We did not have to report projection. So if you download a song, and use it in 5 services during the period, that counts as one

Rod
4/12/2006 7:09:13 PM
"Help - I posted this response and when I hit enter, I got a message for every word"

All Fixed Mark..

wow that was an interesting trick??

Rod

Karen39
4/12/2006 9:15:34 PM
That was funny!  I came home and checked my email and had like 15 replies to it.  Wow! 

Thanks for the info on CCLI.

Lee
4/13/2006 6:06:47 AM
Posted By Karen39 on 04/12/2006 4:24 PM
...On their website it said that we don't have to report a song each time we sing it, but only the first time for each song.  At least that's what I thought it said.  I don't know if we record the music part of the service.  I know we record the sermons. 
I just finished our report period and never fully understood all the reporting requirements, like reporting when you make a change to the lyrics, the printing rules, recording, the youth group, and all the other usage rules. Their web site many times questioned an entry and asked me to confirm it, but I was never quite sure how to respond.

The SSP printed report helped but having two reports (SSP and SongSelect) sometimes took extra effort to reconcile differences between them.

They do have a definition/help file online which is quite informative but still doesn't resolve every issue clearly.

Good luck, I feel for you! (I disliked doing it but couldn't talk anyone else into it!)

Karen39
4/13/2006 2:21:54 PM
How did you get 2 separate reports?  Is that from within SSP?  I'm pretty sure we don't have the songselect database.  Any songs from them I just download from CCLI.

Lee
4/14/2006 10:04:26 AM
I think the report is requested only once and get them that way. Our guys DL from CCLI into one of the databases, often the SongSelect one, so songs can be reused without DL'ing again.

Karen39
4/14/2006 11:04:01 AM
Well, once I download a song from CCLI, it is in the SSP database so I don't have to keep re downloading it also.  I format it also and that way if we have to pull it up on the fly, we can.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙