Version 8.0 > media control - no previews

sara-t
6/4/2014 9:35:25 PM

I have set up program-level slide properties.  The media control panel is not showing the background images, only the base color.

What do I need to change?

sara-t
6/5/2014 6:53:56 AM
OK, I have better focus on the problem. What seems to turn off the backgrounds in the media control panel is adding a .png file as an image. The previews work if the image is added but disabled, but as soon as it is enabled, it gets rid of gradients and images below it, right down to the base color.

George
6/6/2014 8:41:57 AM
Sara,

I will have to take a look at this...

Do you know if the png files you are using have transparency in them?

The best thing to do would probably get with the support team so they can actually see what is going on and get a package of the content you are referring to so I can take a look.

iamgap
6/8/2014 9:00:38 AM

I am using SSP8 for the first time in the service, and struggled with this. SSP no longer allows the default background to 'show through' the transparent part of a PNG. Beacuse all things background have been moved into one "Background" with multiple layers, adding an image background eliminates the SSP7 version of the default background.

I had to add a gradient layer under the image layer, and then make the gradient layer match the default background gradient layer. There is also a "Base Color" setting that needs to be set to transparent.

sara-t
6/8/2014 12:10:05 PM
Yes, I do so wish that you could add something to the background without completely overriding the default background. 

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙