Version 5.5 > SSP randomly deleting songs

LWBC_Drummer
4/17/2006 4:50:32 PM
I posted this on the old forums & was told to post it over here as well. It was also suggested to rebuild the indexs. I'll try that when I get back to church - soon as I get rid of this stinkin cold. UGH!

This is the 4th time this has happend. I can't find any rhyme or reason to it, nor the cause. A couple of the times it has just lost the verse & chorus info, the other 2 its lost the song all together. Some were songs that we've loaded, this last time was a song that came with ssp. Can anyone shed some light on this? It's really annoying. Thanks ya'll.

Matt

Karen39
4/17/2006 5:27:08 PM
I hope you feel better soon, colds are no fun.

I would also suggest rebuilding the indexes.  Are you using SSP 5.5?  How many people are involved in building your shows each week?  Do you use the package to go feature?  I'm just trying to think of things that could affect the songs. 

Here is something that has happened to me a few times.  I go to edit a song that we have played many times.  SSP tells me it is unable to save it because the song already exists in its database.  So, I go look for the song.  I see two of them.  Wow, we don't need two of the same song, do we?  I decided to delete one of the copies.  Guess what?  I deleted one copy and that feature ended up deleting both copies!  I had to re download the song from CCLI in a hurry.  I looked at the databases the songs were in and there were actually two identical songs in the same database.  That is not supposed to happen.  I rebuilt our song indexes this week and then went back and looked for the songs and noticed only one copy of each song.  It is not every song this has happened to either, just a random one here and there.  Rebuilding the indexes fixed our problem so hopefully it will fix yours. 

iamgap
4/17/2006 7:48:46 PM
I too have had issues with songs disappearing before I learned the proper way to edit stock hymns. If I deleted the original stock hymn, it would also delete the edited hymn that I save in "user hymns". Be sure and copy, or clone a song if you want to make permanent changes to it.

I have gotten to where I just right-click the stock hymn and choose copy. I then Create a new song and use the import from Clipboard feature.

BTW: I see your in my neck of the woods. I am equi-distant the other side of Wilmington.

LWBC_Drummer
4/17/2006 8:08:02 PM
Thanks ya'll. Yes, we're using 5.5. We have one guy that does it every service. I'll have to check with him to see how he's been editing songs & etc. I'll try rebuilding the indexes & see if that fixes it.

iamgap: I've never heard of hubert nc. What's it close to? If you're ever down my way, give me a shout.

Matt

iamgap
4/17/2006 8:21:47 PM
I'm about 2 miles the other side of Camp Lejeune. If you know where Bear Island is, that about 5 miles south east of me.

gap's house

LWBC_Drummer
4/17/2006 8:25:53 PM
ok, I know roughly where CL is. It's starting to come together now....or maybe its the meds kickin in....dunno.

Matt

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙