Version 8.0 > using 2 programs

wotz
6/6/2014 11:45:46 PM
I want to play an audio clip on the 2nd program, then when the time to go gets to 5 minutes, start a video on program 1. When I start the video it kills the audio. I don't want to play the audio from the audio improvement panel as I want to see the time remaining. Is this supposed to work or am I expecting too much?

dreece
6/7/2014 8:43:23 AM
If what you are doing is loading program 1, playing the audio from it, then later loading program 2 and playing the video, all within the same program panel, then what is happening is as designed. Only one media item presents to a display at one time.

However, if you have two displays set up where, for instance, program 1 is going to display 1 and program 2 is going to display 2, then I would expect both to play at the same time.

George
6/9/2014 9:18:02 AM
Alister,
I just tried what Doug described and it does work as he said with one caveat - If you have Stage Display enabled and the second program is going to the same display as the Stage Display it will stop the playback there since the Stage output takes priority when the Program 1 (or whatever the source display is set to) content is displayed. Otherwise all program outputs will display simultaneously if they are going to unique physical displays.

wotz
6/9/2014 11:55:21 PM
I think the bit I am missing is where I tell program 2 where to display. If I could make it display only on the control monitor, in a small area in a corner, all would be good, I think.

George
6/10/2014 9:33:51 AM
Allister,

Here is the best way to do what you are describing.
  1. Choose the program/display that you want to send the audio to.  If you are using the Stage Display, it should be either 3 or 4.  In this example we will use Display 3.
  2. In the Display Settings, set the Display Device setting for the selected display (Display 3) to "not available".
  3. Present your content to the presentation screen from Program 1 - this goes to Display 1.
  4. Create your "Audio Program" in Program 3.  When presented, the audio will play but be independent of the other displays.

This should work for you - I did this here and it worked as expected.

Let me know if you need additional help.

George
6/10/2014 10:38:38 AM
Allister,

Sorry - after reading this again it was a little confusing.  Let me simplify.

First I make two assumptions:
  1. That you are not using the Stage Monitor.
  2. That you have the Multi-display Feature.

In this case you can:

1. In the Display settings make sure Display Windows 1 and 2 are enabled.
  2. Set Display 1 to your projector display device.
  3. Set Display 2 to "not available"
  4. Display your main content to Display 1 from Program 1.
  5. Display your audio content to the hidden Display 2 from Program 2.

Hopefully that is easier to follow.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙