Version 8.0 > Hover text too wide

osborn4
6/7/2014 2:39:03 PM

When I put a large amount of text on a slide (e.g. Joshua 1:1-3) and just let I word wrap, when I hover over it, the hover text appears on one line and flops over onto the display screen.

Not cool.

I could break it manually, and it shows up on separate lines. But if I let it flow, it pops up as one looooong line.

iamgap
6/8/2014 10:16:19 AM

This happened with earlier versions of the Media Control Panel. I thought they corrected that in a later update. My workaround for this was to setup my Windows' display settings to have the monitors meet at the corners instead of at the sides. This also helps prevent the mouse from drifting onto the display screen, as it seriously decreases the space for which the mouse can get onto the second monitor.

George
6/9/2014 10:05:25 AM
Gary,

Clever Workaround!  I also found that since the text extends to the right, if you place the Presenter Window on the right most display you won't ever see the "tail" on the display screen(s).

You are correct that we had addressed this in the past - it must have crept back in.

Joel,
I have verified this bad behavior and have added it to the list to be fixed.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙