Version 5.5 > Templates for SongShow Outline Slide Shows

freakpapa
4/25/2006 5:47:09 PM
    Our church uses SSP V5.5, and so I don't have a lot of experience with Powerpoint, but my Pastor, who has a little more experience was asking about design templates for SSP like they have for PP.  (I'm trying to get him away from using PP and get him going on SSP for slide shows he works on. We don't want to have to buy PP if we can get away with it.) 
    I've noticed that there are a lot of nice looking PP templates out there, MANY free.  But, as far as I know SSP does not have a function like this.  I am having a hard time finding JPG backgrounds that aren't geared towards songs, but are more like PP templates.  Any ideas? or plans to implement something like this?  I know there is always digital juice, but any other ideas (hopefully free or low-cost) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Casey M.

Wenatchee Valley Baptist Church
Wenatchee, WA

iamgap
4/25/2006 8:58:04 PM
Posted By freakpapa on 04/25/2006 5:47 PM
    Our church uses SSP V5.5, and so I don't have a lot of experience with Powerpoint, but my Pastor, who has a little more experience was asking about design templates for SSP like they have for PP.  (I'm trying to get him away from using PP and get him going on SSP for slide shows he works on. We don't want to have to buy PP if we can get away with it.) 
    I've noticed that there are a lot of nice looking PP templates out there, MANY free.  But, as far as I know SSP does not have a function like this.  I am having a hard time finding JPG backgrounds that aren't geared towards songs, but are more like PP templates.  Any ideas? or plans to implement something like this?  I know there is always digital juice, but any other ideas (hopefully free or low-cost) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Casey M.

Wenatchee Valley Baptist Church
Wenatchee, WA

There are some example Slide Shows that you should be able to edit to your sermons. You could also create one SlideShow yourself for a template, and then teach the Pastor to do a Save As... each time he uses it. That way the original would stay the same. I sorta do that with my announcements each week. I open the previous weeks annuoncements, Save As... to change the date format of the file name, and then edit it to match the items in the bulletin.

dreece
4/26/2006 12:23:39 AM
You can save any slide as a template for re-use later. There are some stock templates, but you can add any number of user templates.

freakpapa
4/26/2006 10:11:45 AM
Thank you for all your help! Will try out those ideas.

freakpapa

glenn59
3/18/2007 8:44:44 PM

I've tried saving as templates, but it doesn't work. I can select the choice in the drop down menu, but the files never show up under "Templates". Am also new to this whole church projector thing. Probably need a human driver upgrade!

Glenn

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙