Version 8.3 > bullet size

akins
11/10/2016 10:03:02 AM
It is interesting, in a strange way, that the size of a bullet doesn't depend on the font size of the
text that follows it, but the size of the next line. This means I have to often add a line just to get
the bullet sized correctly and then delete the line. This always happens on the last bulleted point
and sometimes elsewhere. Sure makes it a challenge to use different line-spacing and bullets.
I wonder who thought this up " width="20" height="20" />

wbub
11/10/2016 11:10:20 AM
I believe there is a "blank character" at the end of bulleted line (or all lines?) which holds the properties of the bullet. If you select that "blank space" I believe you can change its properties (font, size, color, etc.). I know that's true for Word, but I think I've discovered it's also true in SSP. Can't verify right now.

osborn4
11/11/2016 11:50:26 AM
Posted By William Bub on 10 Nov 2016 11:10 AM

I believe there is a "blank character" at the end of bulleted line (or all lines?) which holds the properties of the bullet. If you select that "blank space" I believe you can change its properties (font, size, color, etc.). I know that's true for Word, but I think I've discovered it's also true in SSP. Can't verify right now.

Yes. I've used that to put the bullets in a contrasting color.

akins
11/11/2016 3:19:06 PM
Great information. Is anyone writing all this down for a user's manual " width="20" height="20" />

akins
12/8/2016 9:46:02 AM
I'm guessing this is the same reason I often have a "blank" font name with size of 8 and color black when I start a new
slide -- this in spite of assigning global slide properties. This has caused me and other operators no end of trouble and,
I believe, should be classified as a "bug" that should be corrected unless a logical reason is forthcoming.
I'm not holding my breath

osborn4
12/14/2016 3:46:05 AM
If you want it treated as a bug, you're going to need to call in and report it as such. Then it gets official.

akins
12/14/2016 9:05:25 AM
I may try that, Joel, but what I see as a bug they may call a feature!

dreece
12/15/2016 5:23:19 AM
It's the way that RTF works. You can try this in MS Word and see that it handles the font of a bullet in the same way.

akins
12/17/2016 6:49:03 AM
I don't get it (obviously). If I pick a font size, then the bullet attached is of that size. But if I select
a batch of text which has bullets (animated text), all the bullets are correct except the last one. In order
to get it correct, I have to do things like add blanks or lines at the end of the text block. Sometimes the
same is true at the beginning of the animated text block, but never in the middle. It seems like there
is some unspecified font with a size of 8 embedded at the beginning and the end of text blocks. Very confusing.

George
2/13/2017 11:05:01 AM
Just to follow up on this since you mentioned it in your other post....

I ran through a few test iterations and the bullet and font adjustments appear to be working as expected in SSP.

From your description both here and in your other post if seems that the issue may be in how you are selecting the text/bullet properties for adjustment.

If the "bullet property space" at the end of the line is not selected with the text, it will retain the existing properties.  You can select this space at the end of a line of text without wrapping to the following line.  

The CTRL A should (and does when I do it) capture/select all the text/properties for the changes - it is not clear why that is not working for you.

I did also find when selecting a single line you can either click to the left of the bullet (select entire line and bullet property space) or highlight the line from left to right.  When highlighting from right to left the property space gets dropped. 

I did try this same thing is MS Word and it is nearly the same but there are a few subtle differences which improve the selection process.  

I will dig into this part of it a bit more but in the meantime if you are mindful of the text/properties selection, you should be able to get this to behave as desired. 

Again, if you have content that behaves badly, you need to contact the support team so that they can capture the details.

akins
2/13/2017 1:51:01 PM
Are you saying that at the end of every line is a bullet/property space? If so, does it apply to
the line it's on or the next line? It would be nice if it were marked in someway so we could
see if we have it selected or not. Ah, this is one of the reasons I'm still using WordPerfect -
I'm never in doubt what codes there are and where!

George
2/14/2017 1:02:26 PM
Are you saying that at the end of every line is a bullet/property space? If so, does it apply to
the line it's on or the next line? 

Yes - and it applies to the line it is on.

akins
2/14/2017 5:36:07 PM

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙