Version 5.5 > Got v 5 but want to use v 4 on 'nother computer

rvreese
4/30/2006 11:27:44 AM
1) We are currently have SSP version 5.5 installed on the computer in our main sanctuary.
2) We recently purchased a laptop for use at retreats and other non-sanctuary projo situations.
3) We have installed our old SSP version 4  on the laptop.
4) Our problem is that we've misplaced the unlock code for v. 4 and are currently using it in evaluation mode.
5) Since we had an unlock code and lost it, how do we get a new unlock code -- for that matter, do we need one?

and another thing . . .
According to the help file about laptop keyboard commands,  a " ` " (the key to the left of the number " 1 " and below the ESC) will display a bridge.  Well, I've never been able to get SSP on any laptop to display a bridge using that keypress.
Am I alone in ths?

Curious in Oxnard (CA)

osborn4
4/30/2006 12:17:02 PM
The old unlock code would have been unique for the hardware it was generated for. So I'm pretty sure that the old unlock code would not do you any good on the new hardware.

However, I'm betting that when you got 5.5, you got an upgrade from 4.x (I know we did), so you do not have 2 projection licenses. But I'm not a lawyer or a software license expert. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in. Or call Tech Support And see what they have to say.

A secondary projection license costs $95.

Many, many laptops have 2 monitor video cards built in. If that's the case, you can use the laptop screen for the control panel and connect the VGA to the projector for display.

iamgap
4/30/2006 12:37:00 PM
The ./Del key will display the bridge.

Rod
4/30/2006 5:29:28 PM
I have always used the . (fullstop) key to display bridge, never had a problem,

Rod

DrAW
6/15/2007 10:27:13 AM

Could send me a copy of your version 5.5 disc...???

If so let me know at DrAW@Hughes.net

Thanks a lot,

A.W.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙