Version 8.0 > Independent Displays

msmileyb
6/9/2014 8:37:36 PM

New to SS8. So please direct me if my question is in the wrong place or where I can find an answer.

I have a question regarding the 4 independent displays. We are in the process of purchasing an HP computer with either an 4GB NVidia GeForce GT640 or 2 GB GTX 645.  With SS8 could we just connect the 1 output from the video card to 2 main lcd monitors for congregation, 2nd output to a confidence monitor, third output as the control monitor and 4th for any other monitor we would need?

Can all the monitors we fully independently controlled or do they have limitations as with the stage display function?

If we wanted to also run a video camera through SS8 what type of input card would we need that would be compatible with SS8?

Thank you for your help

George
6/10/2014 9:17:19 AM
WELCOME!

You are pretty close to right on...

You can use the 4 displays as long as the card will drive 4 displays at the same time (some won't).

You can connect them as described - I assume that output one goes to a splitter first (we recommend powered splitters to avoid signal loss)

The 4 displays from the perspective of SongShow Plus are independent unless you have Stage Display enabled.  In this case Stage is slaved to the Source display.

RE: Video camera - that one is a little more complicated to address.   As far as add-in cards to do this we have no specific recommendations.  we do not test cards for this and only test the basic function using a USB camera.  That said, I know that folks use this but we do not support or recommend specific configurations.  What should happen is the camera would be detected in the Video Device panel of the Presenter Window.  If that happens then you are most of the way there.
There are a couple of KB articles on this so you should search for them.  The biggest thing is that in most cases cameras should only be used for background fill since there will be a good deal of lag between the video and audio.

If you are wanting to do some fancy or advanced stuff in SongShow Plus with cameras, I recommend you talk with the folks at GoFishMedia about a ProKey system.

To post messages to the forums you must be signed in to a user account.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙